1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crysis Remastered 2020

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by shankly1985, Apr 13, 2020.

1. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

2. scubes

Wise Guy

Mines went from 100 FPS and then I installed mods and dropped it to 84fps.still love these games .

3. Guest2

Capodecina

4. TNA

Capodecina

5. scubes

Wise Guy

I hope my hopes don’t turn into nightmares lol.

6. Gerard

Caporegime

Exactly what they did for the original console versions, the mountain was basically brown and missing a ton of foliage. If this is the remaster it looks like they've remastered the console version which was on a newer version of the engine.

7. Parky

Wise Guy

It looks a bit like the original Far Cry where you had an option to change between a couple of different visual styles, this one being the super vivid (over saturated) version. Poor effort.

If they've actually fixed the engine for proper multi core support and a big performance boost then I might take a look at some point, it might allow the modders to go all in and give it a real remaster in the future.

Think it's one to wait for the Digital foundry breakdown video for a proper analysis.

Edit: Just blew the screenshots up fullscreen and realized how blurrry they are. Damn.

8. Guest2

Capodecina

Good point about modders taking the remaster and adding all the detail back if it's in a new engine allowing for multi core. Hopefully the Crysis modding community can make it looks how a remaster should... i.e. the original with better textures, multi core support and global illumination. But then it wouldnt work on Xbox and PS4. boo ho

9. Stu999

Hitman

Yeah, the supposed re-master graphics in that article look worse than the original. Bizarre.

10. scubes

Wise Guy

but the sound of it doesn’t seem good ffs crytek wot the @@@@ are use doing used to love use but now I’m on the fence.

11. Smokey26

Hitman

Hah it looks worse in those comparison shots. Be a good laugh to see what they charge for this.

12. Guest2

Capodecina

Exactly, same for me. A remaster is taking the original and making it look and sound better. Not taking the original and making it more colourful but removing 50% of the detail!!

13. Stu999

Hitman

If those are the graphics it would have to be £5 if they want to sell it. Still hoping they turn out to be a joke / incorrect.

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

After seeing the pics I will just play the original again now I got it working. :)

15. Donnie Fisher

Hitman

Likewise. Just managed to get it running after downloading last night.

16. scubes

Wise Guy

This is a console game ffs not even suitable for pc so disappointed had high hope for this a well back to crysis modded .

17. Gerard

Caporegime

[​IMG]

Leaked trailer apparently. You can see the hud gets the nanosuit effects on hits etc that was in the console versions of the original and in crysis 2 and 3. About the only difference (besides the hud nano effects) i can see is it looks a bit more colourful.

I think one issue with the game is the original still looks really good, so it's hard to improve it to a level that reaches out from the screen and smacks you across the face.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  18. Stu999

Hitman

So they realised they've screwed the pooch and done a last minute delay. It needs to be so, so much better than that leaked trailer ^^. The series is known for realistic looking graphics and pc punishing performance. It needs to look good and support multi-core CPUs at a minimum.

19. Gerard

Caporegime

It should support multi-core as that's how they got the original game to work on consoles with a newer version of the engine that supported it better (besides downgrading it substantially visually). Honestly that trailer just looks like Crysis with a colour mod slapped into it, but as i said the original is still a very good looking game so it's probably hard to upgrade it to a degree that really pops out of the screen.

20. Stu999

Hitman

Yeah, maybe they thought different would stand out more. Still doesn't seem a good idea though.

EDIT - Xbox YouTube have messed up and released the trailer anyway:

One above confirmed as real and was supposed to be out 23/07/20.

EDIT 2 - They took it back down. Bunch of clowns.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020