Cupra feels sluggish

Soldato
DO you have a boost gauge?

Your boost pressure is doing up and downs?

surging?

could be N75 too...

When you buy the vag com cable, check your g/s block 002 or 003

usually when the maf goes.....TCS also lids along with the CEL

Soldato
Ok - here's another guide to check the MAF:

To see if the MAF readings are out by using VAG COM With the engine running and up to temperature, Air Con OFF. Go in to engine, then go in to Meas Block you will have 3 blocks to use you’ll only need 1. Use address 002 and click GO. You will now see the rev speed (780-820 RPM @ Idle) and a MAF readings in G/S (Grams Per Second). Ok at idle the reading should be around 2.7-2.9 G/S now try and hold the revs around 3k at this point he G/S should be 9-10 G/S. If you see a different figure at these points the MAF is on its way out and is causing a Air fuel ratio issue which is effecting you power.

Soldato
Don't these have re-circ valves, so you wouldn't expect to hear the 'tshh'?

I did blow a pipe completely off an 05 Cupra R once, immediate engine management light though - and seriously degraded performance - similar to a coil pack failure.

Associate
OP
As Para said there is a "tshh" noise but you do have to listen out for it, only really noticeable when the windows are open otherwise you wouldnt really hear it.

Virdi - Thanks for that, will try and have a look after work.

Associate
OP
So had a quick check and couldn't see any split hoses or leaks.

I also disconnected the MAF sensor and drove around for a bit but didn't notice much difference to when it was plugged in. Not sure exactly what this means.

When i get my VAGCOM cable it should hopefully show something.

Caporegime
If the car is driving similarly with the MAF disconnected then the MAF could have failed or be on its way out.

Although without lighting up the dash, that seems a bit odd.

I'm experiencing power loss issues at the moment, the odd thing being that the one error VAG-COM was showing up hasn't been resolved by replacing the sensor (G31 - Intercooler Boost Pressure Sensor).

So I'm REALLY at a loss!

Caporegime
With the MAF disconnected, the car should revert back to "safe" values contained within the ECU. These of course are down on power compared to live data from the MAF, but leave the car in a drivable state.

Soldato
What was his exact error on the sensor?

I wouldn't have thought that "signal too high" (the error I get) would be caused by a leak, surely that would be "signal too low"?

TBH I don't know the exact error he got he did replace the sensor though and it made no difference. He replaced a few hoses before finding the small hole in the intercooler.

Have you logged boost requested against actual boost along with the duty cycle of the wastegate ? Should help identify a boost leak.

Associate
OP
Been having a look on seatcupra.net and someone else mentioned a big giveaway of a MAF sensor going is a rough idle which i noticed recently in my car. If this is true then seems like i found my problem so just got to get one ordered on pay day!

Soldato
MAF is very common - So it wouldn't be a surprise.

Try Euro Car Parts or GSF. They even sell 'em on fleaBay, but I wouldn't risk it.

One thing I've always wondered is... Can a MAF not be cleaned? ;)

Back
Top Bottom