Curborough Sprint Course - Wednesday 23rd June 2021

Man of Honour
Loads of HS2 stuff going on and around Curborough at the moment chaps, roads are filthy with stones and crap FYI.

Man of Honour
I often run around there and even popped in last week as I saw on Facebook there was an event there (there wasn’t of course) and it’s a rat run through to my Costa of choice too from home :)

Caporegime
That would involve me carrying a flag wherever I am or relying on someone else to do it - which as we've seen in previous years doesn't work too well :D

Surely the simplest is a stopwatch/alarm. Throw it into the car going out onto track, when it beeps, come off!

Have a couple so that one can be with someone by the gate, ready for the outgoing car, and one can be on track, with the current driver.

Soldato
OP
Nice simple suggestion, but sadly again relies on people bringing the stopwatches back etc. It's hard enough to get people to get on track some times as it's very easy to just get caught up chatting with other members (which is of course great :D ) but then relying on people to bring stuff back, hand over to next cars, get their car in the queue. It just won't happen and I'll spend more time playing find the stopwatch :p :D

Last few times the stop watch was not heard either so it was hard to get people on/off, so I just want to remove the reliance on those who are just there to enjoy the day and not have to "work" :D

So if anyone does have a walkie talkie set we can borrow for the day it'll be much appreciated

Soldato
OP
I’m guessing spectators are allowed now? As restrictions for gatherings allow up to 30 people?

All being well the restrictions will be dropped by then (doubt it though).

There are driver indemnity forms that I will share next week where you can list "support crew". Basically it's all for Track and Trace, they need to know who is there and with whom.

So I'd say we'll get away with some spectators, providing they have been accounted for :)

Back
Top Bottom