Custom build Log - Thermaltake X71 case (With Modding) Project no name.

Associate
OP
Update,

Sorry for lack of updates it has taken a lot longer to do the custom res, than first planned.

I will start this update with the custom res, the amount of time I have sat and taken measurements to designed the res then for us (paul a friend with a CNC) to produce it has been crazy. I have attached the finish res below, end up with a basic design one input, one output and a fill port, I have also included two passthroughs. I have done the base of the res in white perplex 20mm thick. The lid of the perplex is made out of 5mm perplex this should be fine as it is lying flat. I have also tap the threads for each hole, I need to make sure I did this right as I didn’t want to mess this up as I would need to start again. To seal the lid to the base I used clear silicon around the passthroughs as I don’t want purple running into the green and a product call fusion 500. I am leaving this to dry for the next few days then I will leak test.

I have got my hands on a used i5 7600k for a great price which I could not turn down. I have also added the Eisblock XPX cpu block to the motherboard, I have attached photos below.

I have fitted the custom air intake on to the front of the case with the tempered glass I really like how much this has changed the look of the case. I have attached photos below.

I have drilled all of the holes for the passthrough on the custom motherboard tray, I do need to try and make some spacers as it is going to be tight fit on the back side panel, I have a few ideas. I have attached the photos below.

Do do list.

Leak test,

Do loop,

Send case off to paint,

Finished custom motherboard tray need to added holes for 8 pin 24pin.

Meet up with to the wire custom sleeves and get the rest of the cables sleeved.

Hope you have enjoyed the update, any questions or feedback leave below.

Richard.

Untitled by Richard Ord, on Flickr

Associate
OP
Hi Guy's,

Just a quick update the case is off to paint should hopefully get this back in 10 days. I will not be able to do much while this is getting done.

I will post some photos at the weekend of me leak testing the custom res. I have been thinking about painting the brackets green for the CPU block, let me know your thoughts.

Richard.

Soldato
Hi Guy's,

Just a quick update the case is off to paint should hopefully get this back in 10 days. I will not be able to do much while this is getting done.

I will post some photos at the weekend of me leak testing the custom res. I have been thinking about painting the brackets green for the CPU block, let me know your thoughts.

Richard.

bracket default black to stealth with the board but the screws Green! will catch viewers eye and center it to the block :)

Associate
OP
Hey guy’s

Here is this weeks update,

The case is back from the paint shop (one week late) it’s turn out great, I have added a few photos below but I don’t want to show too much just yet.

I have done a top cover for the custom res I cut the perplex to size add the holes, I want to put alphacool logo on this, so you can see the nanoxia fluid coming through the logo. I my friends at gorilla game to cut the logo out onto vinyl, I place this in the centre of back of the perplex then sprayed the back with a high gloss white. Once this was dry I peeled back the vinyl and you can see in the photos below it turned out great.

While I had the white gloss out I did the same process for the motherboard tray, I covered the front of the motherboard try in painters tape and paint the back in high white gloss. The reason why I paint the back of the perplex is because you get a nice finish when you look from the front, you can see this in the photos below.

I had to buy a new rivet gun, I have some how misplaced it. I order some white 3.2mm rivets from ebay they look great (photo below) but were 4mm not 3.2mm so I didn’t use them, which mean I need to paint all the rivets white.

I have been speaking to a few people in the forums who suggested not to paint the full bracket on the CPU block, I have follow their advice and I think it’s came out great. Thanks again for your input, I have attached the photos below.

I have also leak test the custom res left it to run for hours and had no issues.

The only thing that I need is the fans which I have been told should be here the end of July.

I will be meeting up with to the wire custom sleeved in the next few weeks to get all the cable sleeved and ran.

To do list.

I need to make some custom spacers as the bulk fittings are a little bit to long, I need to think outside the box.

Run hard tubing (thinking about doing this in the basement to)

Run soft tubing behind motherboard tray.

Install fans.

Hope you all enjoy this update, if you have any questions or feedback leave a message below.

Update by Richard Ord, on Flickr

Soldato
@AML Custom Pc

Looking sweet, the green bolting looks nice with the logo and solid black surroundings.
I will add though before you go mounting the system back together, take a look at modDIY for their green M3 Hex bolts . Would add a nice touch of colour to the GPX Block that will make it stand out like the CPU block :)

Back
Top Bottom