Custom build Log - Thermaltake X71 case (With Modding) Project no name.

Associate
OP
@AML Custom Pc

Looking sweet, the green bolting looks nice with the logo and solid black surroundings.
I will add though before you go mounting the system back together, take a look at modDIY for their green M3 Hex bolts . Would add a nice touch of colour to the GPX Block that will make it stand out like the CPU block :)

Thanks, I will have look at the M3 hex bolts, I am in two minds to strip the GPU block down and repainting it.

Thanks again for your input.

Associate
OP
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been moving in to a new work shop and been having a little dabble at 3d printing. I have bought Anet A8 this will be for my next project.
I am still awaiting my last product, if I don’t have this in the next two weeks then that sponsor will miss out and I will get the final photos completed.
Just want to say a big thank you once again to Alphacool for supplying the watercooling component’s and Nanoxia for the fluid and for supporting both brands have given me.

Associate
OP
Hey everyone,

I would like to say a big thank you to thermaltake for sponsoring this build they have supply all the fans. I am not a big fan of RGB but I like how much flexibility you have to get the right colour for the theme plus the riing plus fans look great. Thanks again for your support.

I know I said in the last update we are near the end which we still are, but I decided to paint the 360 rads, I have painted these purple and added the alphacool logo in green to match the cables and the theme.

I need to say a big thank you to To the wire - custom sleeving for doing all the cable, he has done a great job.

While the case was transported to to the wire - custom sleeving they did say that some fluid had leaked. I was not to worried about this as the build had been drained. When I got the case back I stripped the full case down to trace the leak and to get the build ready for the final loop. I snapped a bit of the custom motherboard tray when I took the custom res out of the case. I was gutted. I have order more perplex which I should get any day now, I will do a new custom motherboard tray this weekend for the build, I could have glue it but I want the build to be near enough to what I have picture it to be it will never be perfect.

I am really happy on how the front of the case look with the custom front air vents and the tempered glass it really show off the thermaltake riing 140 fans.

I have added a few photos below. I do need your help I have painted one of the thermaltake fans, purple and green I am thinking of having these on the 360 rad above the motherboard, but I am not 100% feeling it, your input would be great.

That's it for this week I will make sure the next post is up on monday.

Untitled by Richard Ord, on Flickr

Associate
OP
Hey Guy's,

I am back with a little update, feels like I have been here before.

I took the case apart and fully strip it down to bear shell to replace the snapped motherboard tray. It felt like it took me days to de-pin all the cables that ran through the motherboard tray to the motherboard. Once I did this I tape up the perplex and mark all the holes for the motherboard standoff once I did this I tap the holes and added the standoffs.

I put the res in the same place as before but I want to change the hole for the pass through for the intake which I think will look a lot cleaner, I don't like to use a lot of fitting if I don't need to. When it came to do all the holes for my pass through hole I could not find my 20mm drill bit, so I pop on amazon and had it next day, it put me back one day, as I don't like to paint until all holes are made. While I was waiting for the drill bit I replace all the logos on the case fans to AML logo. Once I got the drill bit a few minutes later all the holes were done and it was time to paint. The paint came out great, I fitted motherboard tray back in to the case add the res, motherboard and GPU. I still need to pass all the cables back through and add the the pass through fittings.

With me taken the full case apart I am going re do the basement and make it look a little bit nicer. The build it self, I would say is nearly done and like I said in my last post that it will never be 100% complete, but I am very happy with the way it looks, just need to make sure the hard tubing is on point.

I have added photos below as always if you have any feedback or any question please post below.

Associate