• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
Is this with RTX on? And also I guess without the huge day one patch etc
Just had a look at the toms hardware page with it all on, there's some RTX and DLSS stuff on there as well as 1440p and 4k stuff. Though like Aretak pointed out, pre-release DRM (which will be removed upon release) will be hampering performance quite heavily.

Pet Northerner
Don
Lol 1080p, I only play at 4k
woah-we-gotta-gucci-belt-player-over-here.jpg

Soldato
OP
Turn down to high, not notice any difference, profit.

Partly agree. Maybe game developers could adopt the standard of adding a 'console quality' option in games, so you are at least meeting that level of quality.

Maybe they don't like to draw attention to fact that 'high' / 'ultra' on PC games is often superior to console versions.

Last edited:
Soldato
The DRM can't be that bad surely? maybe reduce CPU performance 5-10%?
Obviously varies game by game and the implementation of the DRM, and even what DRM it is, but i've seen some crazy FPS increases in the past thanks to the removal of Denuvo.

EDIT: Though have to also say, have seen instances where removing DRM had little to no affect at all. So can't really compare to the past, just got to wait for the benchmarks to tell us the true story of it.

Soldato
OP
Obviously varies game by game and the implementation of the DRM, and even what DRM it is, but i've seen some crazy FPS increases in the past thanks to the removal of Denuvo.

Thing is- There's a large performance drop at 4K. Can't see why DRM would cause this.

Soldato
OP
its possible that the beta build isnt that well optimized... more likely to significantly reduce performance than DRM.

But it looks like its just a very cpu intensive game based on these results.

The game probably benefits heavily from 6-8 cpu cores, especially at lower resolutions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom