• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 Ultra performance

Soldato
No they don't, people **** on them all the time, so much so that it's become a meme.

To an extent, but their games are still held up in high regard, regardless of bugs from my experience.

As long as theres nothing particularly game breaking, I'm ok.

I do feel they probably wanted to delay this into the new year but on the back of numerous delays already, it wouldnt have gone down well again I dont think

Soldato
OP
It looks like AMD could be at a disadvantage at high resolutions in this title. DLSS ultra performance (UP) seems to make a large difference to min. frame rate, nearly doubling it for the RTX 3090 with Ray tracing on at 1440p (don't know if this is true with RT off), with even more improvement at 4k.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the RTX 3070 and 3080 in the final game version.

AMD is apparently working on a similar tech called Direct ML...

Last edited:
Associate
It was a first day purchase for me, but i have to many other games to finish off yet and hammering Valhalla at the minute and need to finish WD Legions ( if i can manage it ) haven't touched CoD campaign either urghhh, i'll grab it on sale after xmas bugs and performance might have been adjusted by then and i'll get around to upgrading this 7700k before then to a 10850k as getting an AMD CPU is mission impossible.

Soldato
OP
getting an AMD CPU is mission impossible.

I've seen some websites suggesting Ryzen 5600 XT availability by 31st of December. Might be worth waiting. Or, maybe there will be a 5700X, with 8 cores? Would've thought that would be the sweetspot.

Soldato
Probably knock the shadows down one unless that's disabled with RT and remove and AA at 4k as it's not needed. Maybe lighting knocked down one unless disabled with RT, probably get between 5-15fps extra with no visual difference.

Soldato
Upscaling here we come.

Ray Tracing - good bye! it was good knowing you for a little while. See you in 2 years.

Imagine the people got 3090 with expensive 4K monitor and wanting to play this game with RT on. LOL Just LOL that’s a lot of money to watch pixels moving slowly across a screen.

Soldato
Isn't DRM usually a CPU intensive resource? Surely any gains will be minimal at 4k, and slightly more at 1440p.
I guess the easter bunny is in the code as well.
Something real fishy going on. For years there have been talk about how DRM reduced performance and it was rebuffed. Now all of sudden it's actually used as a performance deterrent for...reviewers by lower performance...to only tell them that DRM lowers performance. Instead of copy right protection it was marketed for?

And yes, as far as I know DRM would hammer the CPU not GPU. So there's that.

Last edited:
Soldato
If RT is so important, stick that on ultra and everything else on low. Justify that purchase guys.

P.s. unreleased game. Same as everyone else... There will be improvements.

P.p.s. a have that seems to look pretty damn good, and people are complaining it it's hard on systems. What happened to Crysis?

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess the easter bunny is in the code as well.
Something real fishy going on. For years there have been talk about how DRM reduced performance and it was rebuffed. Now all of sudden it's actually used as a performance deterrent for...reviewers by lower performance...to only tell them that DRM lowers performance. Instead of copy right protection it was marketed for?

And yes, as far as I know DRM would hammer the CPU not GPU. So there's that.

considering they have taken all their nonsense graphs down.....

Back
Top Bottom