*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
I randomly went into the amd control panel to have a look tonight and the numbers vs the steam overlay dont make sense:

Could the steam overlay be wrong and this be why the game feels smooth even if steam overlay tells me my framerate is in the 30's? looking at steam you would say average is 40 ish. But the driver has it at 66.6fps average.

Associate
Just finished the main story and not a moment too soon. Got what I think was a relatively happy ending.
Was just starting to get burnt out after 85 hours and clearing pretty much all the content the game has to offer. Dunno what to do now. Could continue with Ni no Kuni 2, could finish the final chapter of Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
I hate this feeling of being at a loss after finishing a game

Soldato
Just finished the main story and not a moment too soon. Got what I think was a relatively happy ending.
Was just starting to get burnt out after 85 hours and clearing pretty much all the content the game has to offer. Dunno what to do now. Could continue with Ni no Kuni 2, could finish the final chapter of Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
I hate this feeling of being at a loss after finishing a game

Omg that was quick, I can't believe you played 85 hours in 6 days, that's mental.

Any tips? I'm only about 18 hours in.

I mean tips like for mods, weapons, crafting, perks etc or other tips for things the game doesn't explain?

Associate
Omg that was quick, I can't believe you played 85 hours in 6 days, that's mental.

Any tips? I'm only about 18 hours in.

I mean tips like for mods, weapons, crafting, perks etc or other tips for things the game doesn't explain?
I took time off work just so I could play a ridiculous amount, otherwise I feel like thinking of the game would make me work worse :p
Only thing is now I have 4 more days until I'm back in without a major time sink

I think my main tip for anyone would be to IMMEDIATELY invest at least 1 point into the base Cold Blood perk if you're putting points into Cool as a main attribute

Associate
Bought it on Steam and wouldn't launch, kept getting an error about the game having "flat-lined" . Tried a few described fixes but none worked so went through the steam refund process. Glad i did seeing some terrible reviews now, sounds like its not quite what was promised.

Associate
Bought it on Steam and wouldn't launch, kept getting an error about the game having "flat-lined" . Tried a few described fixes but none worked so went through the steam refund process. Glad i did seeing some terrible reviews now, sounds like its not quite what was promised.
I don't know about promised. There were lots of ideas tossed around that people seem to have taken as being promises when they were just what I said, ideas

Soldato

You can always re-buy it from GOG - some say it performs better from there. For me personally I bought the game on Steam, it was crashing day 1, somebody said to launch the game from the exe in the installation folder, since then it's been great.

Your missing out on one of the best games ever! Trust me, it's an awesome game with a fantastic story!

Man of Honour
I don't know about promised. There were lots of ideas tossed around that people seem to have taken as being promises when they were just what I said, ideas

The talk about things like each NPC living out their own little life and stories within the game didn't come from nowhere - though I can't track down the exact videos now. Instead 99% of the NPCs are 1 line talking statues.

Associate
Had a little panic and thought I'd posted images publicly on imgur and deleted a bunch of stuff I posted in here before realising the views were probably because I linked the images here. Doi

Took this one using the photo mode just for a laugh. Does spoil a little of the ending, but nothing that isn't completely obviously gonna happen from the very start of the game
43xuaOSh.jpg

The talk about things like each NPC living out their own little life and stories within the game didn't come from nowhere - though I can't track down the exact videos now. Instead 99% of the NPCs are 1 line talking statues.

Oh yeah there were definitely some things like that which were overblown statements. I mean OBVIOUSLY overblown as well. Kinda thing you see and go "no way in hell will they be able to implement that" or as I like to call it, pulling a Molyneux
But there is still a loooooot of crap that they never said would be in the game that people really convinced themselves they were promised just because they kinda wanted it to be in game

Associate
I randomly went into the amd control panel to have a look tonight and the numbers vs the steam overlay dont make sense:

Could the steam overlay be wrong and this be why the game feels smooth even if steam overlay tells me my framerate is in the 30's? looking at steam you would say average is 40 ish. But the driver has it at 66.6fps average.

If this records from starting to closing the game then it'll also be recording FPS in the menus too, which if like mine will hit your monitor limit, so I'm getting 50-60 in game, but 120 navigating the menus/inventory/map

Soldato
Finally seems to be stable after the latest drivers and update(s).

Running at a playable level, considering it's on a 1070 @ 3440x1440.

Click for full size.

Associate
60fps feels kinda choppy for me having played first person shooters at 120hz for over 10 years, around 80hz is where combat feels buttery smooth to me.
Luckily it only drops to 60ish when driving or running full tilt through the markets. if I was at sub 50-60 id probably just use a controller and melee everything :D

Man of Honour
60fps feels kinda choppy for me having played first person shooters at 120hz for over 10 years, around 80hz is where combat feels buttery smooth to me.
Luckily it only drops to 60ish when driving or running full tilt through the markets. if I was at sub 50-60 id probably just use a controller and melee everything :D

I'm not finding 60 FPS in this game too bad (both the monitors I've been playing it on support G-Sync) - despite all the problems with the game hardware utilisation wise at least on my setup it has a reasonably responsive feel most of the time - definitely much better at 70-80 FPS and doesn't take dropping much below 60 before I find it unplayable though.

I'm actually surprised in that respect in that so far if I can keep it in the 60-70 FPS sweet spot input feels light but connected - a lot of games like this input feels heavy, erratic and not quite connected to your input - just a shame the player movement is a touch clumsy.

Soldato

A lot of the information came from a German podcast with CDPR, here's the post about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/gycl3c/a_list_of_all_things_i_found_important_from/

Now as to whether people built up their own ridiculous expectations - of course they did - and others tried to point out that the hype was quickly getting out of control and there were lots of features being talked about which we had our doubts they would pull off. And what happened to those people? They got shouted down and called haters :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom