*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I'm just doing the parade mission in Japantown. I thought it looked great that there were so many npcs about, then I saw 5 of exactly the same npc standing right next to each other... And another 3 a few metres away!

I find it odd that this happens in a modern game. Is it that resource heavy having different skins? Like character creation screens on RPG games, you can click random and it grabs any old combination... why cant a game just do that? just randomise everyone except main characters.

Man of Honour
This game is so frustrating.

Trying to stealth a side mission. I've snook onto the roof, THE ROOF, stealth killed one person. "Bodies have been identified".

How?!?!

I've had instances before where a body has clipped through the roof partly and been "seen" by a camera in the room below. It is also possible there is another NPC that has visibility of that spot - sometimes there is a second one in close proximity you don't notice at first.

Soldato
I find it odd that this happens in a modern game. Is it that resource heavy having different skins? Like character creation screens on RPG games, you can click random and it grabs any old combination... why cant a game just do that? just randomise everyone except main characters.

Because the game has been poorly designed and programmed.

Man of Honour
Because the game has been poorly designed and programmed.

I think the problem is it has been designed for a vision of a game they are still 2-3 years away from achieving (and probably never will now). Lots of features have just been beaten into working for the release game and left as is.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the problem is it has been designed for a vision of a game they are still 2-3 years away from achieving (and probably never will now). Lots of features have just been beaten into working for the release game and left as is.
Yeah, I get the feeling if they do decide to go for a sequel, which I think they will. Those features will make it into that. We may get some of them with the expansions.

Soldato
Yeah, I get the feeling if they do decide to go for a sequel, which I think they will. Those features will make it into that. We may get some of them with the expansions.

A sequel?! Where'd you find that? Can I pre-order now?!?! With CDPR'S fantastic reputation it can't fail, they made the Witcher 3 you know... Is there a release date I can book off already or will I have to wait?

Soldato
I've had instances before where a body has clipped through the roof partly and been "seen" by a camera in the room below. It is also possible there is another NPC that has visibility of that spot - sometimes there is a second one in close proximity you don't notice at first.

This is often the case.
I also never quite understood why my quickhacks that can spread to others never seemingly got expanded by the 'spread to more' and 'spread double the distance' upgrade perks i bought.
A suicide only ever hit 2, a system reset only ever seemed to hit two.
Made me very sad as I loved watching chaps with a heavy weapon throw it down, pull out their pistol and shoot themselves in the head.

The game does have some lovely touches.
Still annoyed when I started a relationship with Judy I only got to bang her once.

Still annoyed that cans come in stupid generic rendered bags, yet when an NPC buys one, they stand up with a fully rendered can in their hand.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A sequel?! Where'd you find that? Can I pre-order now?!?! With CDPR'S fantastic reputation it can't fail, they made the Witcher 3 you know... Is there a release date I can book off already or will I have to wait?
I would pre-order it. Well maybe closer to release. I had plenty fun to justify the £35 I spent on Cyberpunk 2077 and look forward to a sequel. I appreciate not everyone feels the same however.

Associate
I would pre-order it. Well maybe closer to release. I had plenty fun to justify the £35 I spent on Cyberpunk 2077 and look forward to a sequel. I appreciate not everyone feels the same however.
I have to agree it's already worth the £. It's receiving a lot of flak relative to its drawbacks (on PC at least).

Anyone remember the backwards flying Skyrim dragons and how we just lol'd heartily until they fixed it nine months later?

Last edited:
Associate
The same people who spent years spouting "Making one great game (The Witcher 3) doesn't make them a great studio" are now spouting "making one bad game makes them THE WORST STUDIO EVER"

Soldato
The stats for the game are pretty interesting. The vast majority of players didn't see the better endings and just rushed the main campaign.

gog / steam

The World - 30.8% / 28.6%
The Star - 15.2% / 12.8%
The Sun - 11.1% / 10.1%
Temperance - 7.9% / 7.2%
The Devil - 3.1% / 3.2%

Not sure on the secret ending, the only one I've not done

Avg play time - 44h
Avg percentage complete - 19%

The witcher 3: wild hunt

Passed the Trial (finished game) - 26.7%

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone remember the backwards flying Skyrim dragons and how we just lol'd heartily until they fixed it nine months later?

Yes but that's deliberately reducing CP2077 to only the criticisms that are easily deflected... Bethesda get away with bugs sure... but if they'd spent months hyping up with previews etc. "You'll be able to tame a dragon in the wild, you'll build a special roost for the dragon to live in and you'll then be able to ride around on your dragon and go on a series of bespoke quests based on how you've raised your own dragon - with hundreds of different possibilities and replayability"... and then the game came out as what it is - Dragons attack sometimes and you kill them. People would be just as cheesed off as they are with all the things CDPR promised and then weren't in the final game

Associate
but if they'd spent months hyping up with previews etc. "You'll be able to tame a dragon in the wild, you'll build a special roost for the dragon to live in and you'll then be able to ride around on your dragon and go on a series of bespoke quests based on how you've raised your own dragon - with hundreds of different possibilities and replayability"
Come off it. That game is literally the origin of the "See that mountain? YOU CAN HAVE CLIMB IT!" meme

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have to agree it's already worth the £. It's receiving a lot of flak relative to its drawbacks (on PC at least).

The same people who spent years spouting "Making one great game (The Witcher 3) doesn't make them a great studio" are now spouting "making one bad game makes them THE WORST STUDIO EVER"

+1

Soldato
Come off it. That game is literally the origin of the "See that mountain? YOU CAN HAVE CLIMB IT!" meme

Ah sorry, I forgot to coddle you...

You're very smart with your overpriced pre-order of the most overhyped and underdelivered game of the decade, it was an extremely wise purchase and absolutely no reason for you to doubt or feel ripped off. If only the rest of us had the foresight to buy into such a sure thing

Soldato
I don't feel ripped off. I have had 24p an hour enjoyment out of it. Looking forward to them sorting stuff out and DLC.
As I have said before, I had no preconceived ideas about what it was or promised up to the release. Ignorance was bliss in this case.

Soldato
huh

Skyrim - Dragonslayer - 31.4%
Skyrim SE - Dragonslayer - 10.2%

GTA 5 - To Live or Die in Los Santos - 24.5%

More people finished CP2077 than GTA 5 or Witcher 3, but slightly less than Skyrim

Back
Top Bottom