*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
I don't feel ripped off. I have had 24p an hour enjoyment out of it. Looking forward to them sorting stuff out and DLC.
As I have said before, I had no preconceived ideas about what it was or promised up to the release. Ignorance was bliss in this case.

Don't engage, it's pointless. We are all morons and lying about enjoying the game!

Actually, don't engage because I quite enjoy the inevitable bitterness popping up every few days :D

Soldato
I don't feel ripped off. I have had 24p an hour enjoyment out of it. Looking forward to them sorting stuff out and DLC.
As I have said before, I had no preconceived ideas about what it was or promised up to the release. Ignorance was bliss in this case.

Same here. Other than the "you're breath-taking" meme I knew absolutely nothing of the game before I bought it - no trailers, no reviews, nothing to get hyped about etc - plus I got lucky and had a very stable (if visually glitchy) gameplay experience so I've enjoyed my 190hrs so far.

Soldato
I have had the game since it first came out, but not played it yet, is it playable now with 1.1 patch, also is it ok now bug wise or still some nasty bugs there?...I decided to wait due to playing other games and let it have a few patches before playing the game to get a better gaming experience.

Soldato
Patches will remove minor irritations, the game is and has been perfectly playable, it'll take a major DLC or two to improve the playing experience, so if you're going to play it, I'd suggest do it now.
I sunk over 100 hours in, no crashes, just stupid ass bugs and mechanics, that will not be remedied by minor bugfix patches.
I enjoyed aspects of it tremendously.
It unfortunately always left a sense of 'could have been more'.

Go ahead, enjoy iy.

Associate
I'm very much enjoying it so far but I must admit that I'm pretty overwhelmed. Trying to find a balance between side quests and main story is difficult.

Soldato
I'm very much enjoying it so far but I must admit that I'm pretty overwhelmed. Trying to find a balance between side quests and main story is difficult.

Just as an indication of how expansive and overwhelming this game is - The main quest can be done in around 40hrs even going through the several different endings - I'm at 190hrs played so far (so call it 150hrs of side quests etc) and I'm still finding different endings/choices for all the dozens of side quests & gigs etc as most have at least 2 if not 3 different endings depending on your choices during the quests.

My first run through was around 120hrs for all the Main missions and all the side missions/gigs. Since then I've spent the last 70hrs just going back to early saved games to try different choices to side missions/gigs and try different things and I've still not finished yet as i keep finding new outcomes/endings/choices etc.

Associate
Just as an indication of how expansive and overwhelming this game is - The main quest can be done in around 40hrs even going through the several different endings - I'm at 190hrs played so far (so call it 150hrs of side quests etc) and I'm still finding different endings/choices for all the dozens of side quests & gigs etc as most have at least 2 if not 3 different endings depending on your choices during the quests.

My first run through was around 120hrs for all the Main missions and all the side missions/gigs. Since then I've spent the last 70hrs just going back to early saved games to try different choices to side missions/gigs and try different things and I've still not finished yet as i keep finding new outcomes/endings/choices etc.

At first I thought the gigs were just filler and to a point they are but I've seen Johnny show his face at a few which spurs me on to try and do as many as I can but then I feel that I'm neglecting the main quest. Trying to find a sort of roleplay rhythm, if that makes sense.

I've definitely started enjoying it more now that I've ignored crafting and quick hacking. Replaced my Cyberdeck with Sandevistan and I wear armor for looks and not stats.

The game is beautiful though it needs RT to really shine. My system can handle RT Lighting at least. Makes a tremendous difference.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I was doing 1 side, 1 main up until the end of act 1 with a bit of filling in with the blue ones (scanner hustle, etc.) when wanting to level up, etc. then once I was into act 2 going around the areas 1 at a time starting with the lower difficulty areas clearing side missions and only progressing the main mission periodically and leaving the blue ones until I'm bored. Though it does get a bit silly difficulty wise as the game tends to be a bit too easy in most areas then but very hard in a small number of areas.

It feels like they expected people to rush the main story then go back down the side stuff along an intended progression - but then you miss stuff.

Soldato
Hmmm. So I can't buy this hat because my street cred isn't high enough. I can't help thinking that business model won't work in the long run.

Modders please save us from this nonsense!

Associate
Ah sorry, I forgot to coddle you...

You're very smart with your overpriced pre-order of the most overhyped and underdelivered game of the decade, it was an extremely wise purchase and absolutely no reason for you to doubt or feel ripped off. If only the rest of us had the foresight to buy into such a sure thing
Gee you must have strong brain legs to make logic leaps like that. I forgot that any issues with CP2077 C O M P L E T E L Y exonerate Skyrim of its ********

Man of Honour
Finally that Delamain stuff has shut up - never got around to bothering with it - was in the middle of another mission when one of the vehicles past close by and triggered it then auto failed because I ignored it too long then it failed the whole Entrophy mission - can't say I'm sorry.

Soldato
Don't engage, it's pointless. We are all morons and lying about enjoying the game!

Actually, don't engage because I quite enjoy the inevitable bitterness popping up every few days :D

It's not moronic to want to enjoy something you paid your hard earned money for, just human nature, people get way too attached to things these days and then can't admit to the obvious flaws in them (or they are admitting to faults in themselves). Glad you're enjoying it though :) I am too, especially the poorly crafted responses like the one below:

Gee you must have strong brain legs to make logic leaps like that. I forgot that any issues with CP2077 C O M P L E T E L Y exonerate Skyrim of its ********

An extremely reaching strawman was the best response you could come up with?

Associate
An extremely reaching strawman was the best response you could come up with?
It's not a strawman and accusing people of fallacious spew isn't an epic gotcha moment when it's made up.
You claimed that there was no over embellishment or broken promises with Skyrim when it's known for exactly that. Get back to work Todd

Soldato
It's not a strawman and accusing people of fallacious spew isn't an epic gotcha moment when it's made up.
You claimed that there was no over embellishment or broken promises with Skyrim when it's known for exactly that. Get back to work Todd

I'm sure you'll furnish the thread with plenty of clear examples then? Give me an example of a large feature central to the gameplay which was shown off and presented numerous times on the run up to Skyrim's release and was then totally absent from the final product? Should easily be able to pull up countless articles and evidence around this as it's so well known for it

Associate
I'm sure you'll furnish the thread with plenty of clear examples then? Give me an example of a large feature central to the gameplay which was shown off and presented numerous times on the run up to Skyrim's release and was then totally absent from the final product? Should easily be able to pull up countless articles and evidence around this as it's so well known for it
"Name any example. Except the really famous and prevalent one you already mentioned hehe"
Do you think Todd Howard gained his current reputation as a lying bag of hot air up there with Molyneux purely by chance?

Never mind that you completely went off on one with some balls "whatever helps you sleep at night" tirade about buying cyberpunk in response to a post that had jack to do with the game

Soldato
"Name any example. Except the really famous and prevalent one you already mentioned hehe"
Do you think Todd Howard gained his current reputation as a lying bag of hot air up there with Molyneux purely by chance?

Ah okay, so "not being able to go to literally any mountain you can see in the distance" is the only one you have? So then can you show me an E3 demo or similar where they showed faked gameplay where they did go to several different mountains off in the distance of the map which it turned out you couldn't get to in the final game? Did they do numerous preview streams where they really emphasised and re-iterated that it was literally every spot on the map you could see you could go to? And answer fan questions asking for clarification with affirmation that yes that really was how it would work?

I think Todd's reputation is more down to overselling the stability of the product, not the depth... "It just works" etc. The one exception to that might be Fallout 76 where it was clear that they didn't have a clue what they were doing translating their game onto a multiplayer type setup, but even then I think it was more a case of their promised features being present but not working correctly, as opposed to presenting and hyping of features that never ended up existing

Soldato
I was doing 1 side, 1 main up until the end of act 1 with a bit of filling in with the blue ones (scanner hustle, etc.) when wanting to level up, etc. then once I was into act 2 going around the areas 1 at a time starting with the lower difficulty areas clearing side missions and only progressing the main mission periodically and leaving the blue ones until I'm bored. Though it does get a bit silly difficulty wise as the game tends to be a bit too easy in most areas then but very hard in a small number of areas.

It feels like they expected people to rush the main story then go back down the side stuff along an intended progression - but then you miss stuff.

That is what happened to me. I ended up finishing the story on one ending pretty quickly and then finishing up sides after.

Soldato
It's not moronic to want to enjoy something you paid your hard earned money for, just human nature, people get way too attached to things these days and then can't admit to the obvious flaws in them (or they are admitting to faults in themselves). Glad you're enjoying it though :) I am too, especially the poorly crafted responses like the one below:

Errrm I hope that generalisation does not include me. People's experience and expectations vary on this game.

Also, you must have bought into it if you own a copy?

Soldato
Errrm I hope that generalisation does not include me. People's experience and expectations vary on this game.

Also, you must have bought into it if you own a copy?

It doesn't explicitly include anyone (intentionally so) - up to you to decide if you fit the description or ignore it...

Of course I don't own it, what a hypocrite I would be if I did. I may pick it up for £10 in a few years time if they manage to do a reasonable job of fixing it and/or if the future expansions appear to be worth it, but I can't really say

Back
Top Bottom