*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Wasn't there supposed to be over 1000 NPCs with their own daily routine?

"We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date"

"The city streets are bustling with crowds of people from all facets of life, all living their lives, with a full day/night cycle."

(Source: https://youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0?t=773)

"According to new CDPR interviews, Cyberpunk 2077's new real-time AI systems will allow for incredible dynamism. Thousands of NPCs will have actual daily routines throughout Night City's six districts, including a ton of robust and varied characters with cyborg implants, unique designs and animations, and day and night cycles."

(Source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7304...cs-will-have-unique-daily-routines/index.html)

"We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date"

"The city streets are bustling with crowds of people from all facets of life, all living their lives, with a full day/night cycle."

(Source: https://youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0?t=773)

"According to new CDPR interviews, Cyberpunk 2077's new real-time AI systems will allow for incredible dynamism. Thousands of NPCs will have actual daily routines throughout Night City's six districts, including a ton of robust and varied characters with cyborg implants, unique designs and animations, and day and night cycles."

(Source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7304...cs-will-have-unique-daily-routines/index.html)
I wish that was real

More like 20 years ago. But then that game is tiny relative to Cyberpunk.

They really over promised and run out of time to deliver. I think maybe a sequel they may be able to deliver what they originally promised.

Man I feel old..... but my point stands really. If 20 years ago they had NPCs with full daily schedules you'd think that they'd be able to do something like that now.

More like 20 years ago. But then that game is tiny relative to Cyberpunk.

They really over promised and run out of time to deliver. I think maybe a sequel they may be able to deliver what they originally promised.

I keep seeing this about maybe they'll deliver with a sequel. A lot of people payed good money for this game on the assumption they were going to get what was promised, and should get it with this game, not spend more on a sequel. Gamers should not accept these broken games, and until people start voting with their wallets they'll just carry on giving us half finished games

For somewhat believable, if you don't look too closely, daily routines you need to fake it up a bit - too many developers seem to lack imagination how to get creative with problems like this and try to implement a realistic simulation which would just be too complex and too performance heavy at this point in time to achieve well.

Played some with the new patch there, thoughts so far:

- perf. is slightly better, it drops FPS less often now but average/max FPS on the whole seems much the same (3080 with a 2600 @4.1GHz @ 4k using dlss performance)
- ray tracing/lighting in general looks a lot better to me, game is jaw dropping with ray tracing on oled :cool:
- texture load in, especially at distance is FAR better, this could possibly tie in with the above point for why lighting looks better., especially in the distance..
- HDR working now???? First time I've properly tried cyberpunk on my 3080 on the oled so not sure if switching to nvidia from amd fixed it or this patch did? TV switches to HDR mode and colours don't look messed up i.e. it doesn't just look like SDR brightness increased.... dark/black areas seemed good too

I still can't get the SSAO in TWW2 to stop my computer from crashing so back to Night City I go. Interested to see the changes. I hope the civilians are less sheep like...

Man I feel old..... but my point stands really. If 20 years ago they had NPCs with full daily schedules you'd think that they'd be able to do something like that now.
Tell me about it. Starting to feel old myself. To be fair comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges, as Shenmue is tiny in comparison. But yeah, they should be able to do a better job than they did.

I keep seeing this about maybe they'll deliver with a sequel. A lot of people payed good money for this game on the assumption they were going to get what was promised, and should get it with this game, not spend more on a sequel. Gamers should not accept these broken games, and until people start voting with their wallets they'll just carry on giving us half finished games
Yeah, they should, but I would rather them not spend 2-3 years fixing this game and just move on to a sequel personally. If they can fix everything, make it like they hyped and release the expansions in the next 2 years, I would be happy with that I suppose.

I loved the world, got my money’s worth and just want new content now really :)

Hmm, not sure if HDR is 100% fixed now.... had a dark area there and some noticeable elevated blacks with banding effect but HDR defo a lot better on the whole, again not sure if this because nvidia or/and the patch 1.2.....

AI and general NPCs seem even further improved too, noticing more conversations happening as walking past crowds.

Raytracing on my 6800XT is well, hnmm. Not going to bother for the time being or at least until Super resolution comes out. Might give it another go if 21.4.1 has any specific fixes.

With regards to bug fixes, again, hnmm. Loaded up my last save from Act 1 and I have dead enemies floating about a foot off the ground all around me.

within 5 mins of the new patch:

performance is worse.
NPC's materialising in front of me.
my car randomly flew up in the air.
gun/hand materialises in front of my eyes whenever I pull a weapon out.

Game is worse for me than before this patch lol :/

Back
Top Bottom