*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
That's ^^ going to be interesting to see because I can't tell the difference whatsoever with nVidia Hairworks on and off in Witcher 3. Hopefully RTX stuff will be noticeable. :p
First time I tried Hairworks was on Metro, it's pretty impressive in most places (hilarious in others!) and doesn't seem to screw performance.

Associate
I can't wait to get this game! I'm just unsure whether PC, PS, or xbox. I only have a 1060 atm. Maybe by the time release comes around I'll have an upgrade.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From what I've read so far, CDPR aren't planning to release a PS5 or Captain Scarlet version so the PC version should run and look the best, depending on h/w of course.
Would be surprised if it did not make it to the PS5. If no one release certainly within 12 months. With consoles being like a PC these days it would not take too long to port I would imagine.

Soldato
From what I've read so far, CDPR aren't planning to release a PS5 or Captain Scarlet version so the PC version should run and look the best, depending on h/w of course.
Nah they are planning it. They are simply focusing on current gen now, but after release next gen version will come out too. PC version will already be tuned to nextgen in a way.

Soldato
I'd settle for some good gameplay tbh

Watched the 48min trailer thing, looks impressive but it's a heavily curated demo. Sceptical until reviews, as usual :p
Yes for this to be next gen it needs to only be able to run on next gen hardware that is demanding that type of system to say create a whole GTA futuristic city where you can practically explore and go inside every single building and sewer. Now that's a proper next gen game

Soldato
Next gen should not just be a current gen game with a new lick of paint.. We need innovation. New ways of playing. Far bigger more scalable worlds and dynamics. Etc etc
Bigger worlds are worthless to me. Detail>Scope every time. I will always rather play handcrafted storydriven RPG set in finite world than No Man Sky procedurally generated boredom.

Why would I need to be able to enter every building/room? What value does it add? Do I enter every building in the real world? No.

Soldato
Bigger worlds are worthless to me. Detail>Scope every time. I will always rather play handcrafted storydriven RPG set in finite world than No Man Sky procedurally generated boredom.

Why would I need to be able to enter every building/room? What value does it add? Do I enter every building in the real world? No.
Detailed scopes comes from bigger worlds mate. The size of say GTA 5 could be 2x as big by just allowing u to roam inside every single building mate. Size is more than just map radius

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Detailed scopes comes from bigger worlds mate. The size of say GTA 5 could be 2x as big by just allowing u to roam inside every single building mate. Size is more than just map radius
Yeah, but I still agree with what he is saying. I would much rather have smaller hand crafted world full of detail than something much bigger that has been procedurally generated. Obviously I would love a bigger hand made game, but as long as the scope serves a purpose. Going in empty rooms for the sake of it which serve no purpose will not add much for me.

I hate procedurally generated games personally and hand crafted big games cost a lot of money to make. There was a video or article as I recall saying each building cost like 50K or something like that to make in GTA 4.

Look at Elite Dangerous. I got bored of that game much quicker than I anticipated. Where as I loved Freelancer.

Soldato

Detail comes from handcrafted design and custom written/designed and implemented stories, characters, locations. GTA having twice enterable buildings would add nothing significant to the experience.

Soldato
Detail comes from handcrafted design and custom written/designed and implemented stories, characters, locations. GTA having twice enterable buildings would add nothing significant to the experience.
Yes it would because it will further increase the stuff you just mentiond ie handcrafted designs and more stories to tell on these buildings from inside.

More locations being inside as well

It goes hand to hand.

MY overal point which seems to have been lost here is that a next gen title is not about more AA filters and lick of paint nonsense.

Its about the stuff i and you have provided and the fact that existing hardware cannot fulfill the needs of a game developer to make a more rich world/gameplay.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yes it would because it will further increase the stuff you just mentiond ie handcrafted designs and more stories to tell on these buildings from inside.

More locations being inside as well

It goes hand to hand.

MY overal point which seems to have been lost here is that a next gen title is not about more AA filters and lick of paint nonsense.

Its about the stuff i and you have provided and the fact that existing hardware cannot fulfill the needs of a game developer to make a more rich world/gameplay.
At least the next gen consoles will have SSDs by default so games will be designed to take advantage of those. At the very least it will mean smaller loading times for consoles making them more like PC.

But I get what you mean man, I am not too bothered to be honest. I have not even got an VR set just yet as I have been waiting for one with higher resolution and for a killer app to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom