*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
While there are some enjoyable aspects of the game - it deserves all the negativity given how many of the game mechanics are either purely cosmetic not actually doing what it says they do, a random mix of ideas with varying actual impact on the game or just buggy. The whole clothing system is just LOL worthy and how impactful the situation with bugs is can vary wildly amongst many other issues never mind the stuff they never delivered on.

Soldato
Some people seem to have an overzealous delight in trashing it. It's a good game.

I am on my third playthrough and have found a lot fewer bugs than the first 200 hours back when it launched.
However, some of the criticism is very justified and I still sigh at the AI and police mechanics. GTA is better. There said it.
However, flogging an already decomposing horse just seems like moaning for moaning sake.

As you say it is a good game*.

*In our opinion of course or someone will jump in with a list of reasons why we are wrong. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yep it's a good game. Threads like this are just pretty common nowadays, 9266 posts with 3/4 of them just repeating the same criticisms every few days
There's so much trash talking and negativity in some gaming circles it's hard to avoid nowadays

/moan-mode-on
god was watching some POE interviews being done by streamers. The amount of hate posts and death threats they received was just mind-numbing
/moan-mode-off

Soldato
It's just the nature of core market for games becoming older and more entitled... when some of us were kids playing the rotoscoped DOS Prince of Persia we were just thrilled and happy to be playing something, nobody was saying "WTF man the hitboxes and jump timings on those spike pit floors are so STUPID, and that skeleton fencing guy what a BROKEN POS so totally OP, what a trash game"

Edit: "I'm jumping onto IRC right now to post about this and tell the virtually nobody who will be listening to boycott the game"

Soldato
It is a good game for anyone who never followed the hype. Like myself I never followed the game so am unaware of what the devs promised everyone. So I find the game quite good.
I followed the hype and yet it was my GOTY2020. Mostly because I had well adjusted expectations and don't really care about cop/pedestrian AI in a game where these aspects are just not really important. Bread and butter of Cyberpunk are quests/characters/atmosphere and these aspects are outstanding. Plus I loved the city, and the cars, and the gunplay.

Man of Honour
Some people seem to have an overzealous delight in trashing it. It's a good game.

Apart from the fact that it isn't finished, some parts of it don't work at all (e.g. some perks do literally nothing - they hadn't been written before the game was rushed out), some parts are a last minute cobbling together of something to patch over the gaps left by the parts removed at the last minute as the game was rushed out before it was finished, some basic gameworld mechanics that devs were managing to implement 20 years ago are missing, it was heavily bugged on release because it was so rushed that what was released wasn't a release version at all and the developers lied to the extent that they are being formally investigated for fraud.

It's the last bit that really annoyed some people. CDPR lied about what they were selling. That shouldn't be considered a trivial detail that it's wrong to mention.

I did two complete playthroughs, spending about 120 hours on the first one and I don't know how many on the second one. I paid £50 for it and have no complaints about that. I've recommended the game numerous times in this thread.

I'm not going to pretend that acknowledging the numerous problems with the game is merely "an overzealous delight in trashing it", let alone the more rabid comments some other people are making against anyone who isn't wholly compliant.

Permabanned
Apart from the fact that it isn't finished, some parts of it don't work at all (e.g. some perks do literally nothing - they hadn't been written before the game was rushed out), some parts are a last minute cobbling together of something to patch over the gaps left by the parts removed at the last minute as the game was rushed out before it was finished, some basic gameworld mechanics that devs were managing to implement 20 years ago are missing, it was heavily bugged on release because it was so rushed that what was released wasn't a release version at all and the developers lied to the extent that they are being formally investigated for fraud.

It's the last bit that really annoyed some people. CDPR lied about what they were selling. That shouldn't be considered a trivial detail that it's wrong to mention.

I did two complete playthroughs, spending about 120 hours on the first one and I don't know how many on the second one. I paid £50 for it and have no complaints about that. I've recommended the game numerous times in this thread.

I'm not going to pretend that acknowledging the numerous problems with the game is merely "an overzealous delight in trashing it", let alone the more rabid comments some other people are making against anyone who isn't wholly compliant.

All true but there is still a trend of nothing is ever good enough and it will be trashed regardless. Granted it was released months early and not in a fit state but they have done a fairly decent job of updating it and it IS a good game. :) Absolute bargain now.

Associate
Lots of Incel's and Keyboard warriors on here trashing this game because the internet says they should.
Acting like expert gameplay/quest/designers of "insert whatever mechanic they don't like" here etc

Grow up **Insult removed**

Go back to playing Destiny 2 - the Taken Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Lots of Incel's and Keyboard warriors on here trashing this game because the internet says they should.
Acting like expert gameplay/quest/designers of "insert whatever mechanic they don't like" here etc

Grow up **Insult removed**

Go back to playing Destiny 2 - the Taken Ghost

Not sure why you are so angry about it.

I played more than 100 hours of the game and largely enjoyed it, there are some compelling bits and stuff that was done really well but there is also a ton which is factually a mess, buggy, incompetent, lazy and/or just slapped in because they ran out of time never mind coming a million miles short of what they claimed the game would be. The whole clothing system is a joke, many perks and bonuses don't actually work (factually) even when the text says they do something, lots of people have game stopping bugs despite some people encountering very few bugs and so on.

EDIT: PS I wouldn't say I was an expert designer but I have programming experience of most of the mechanics in the game.

All true but there is still a trend of nothing is ever good enough and it will be trashed regardless. Granted it was released months early and not in a fit state but they have done a fairly decent job of updating it and it IS a good game. :) Absolute bargain now.

They've fixed some bugs but little has been done to address some of the less forgivable failings. But there are still many things like for instance the lack of agency via conversation options, etc. with many just taking you to the exact same outcome regardless, etc. and serving no actual purpose which will likely stay the way they are now forever and are bread and butter for a game of this genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom