*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Jumped back in after a 60gb update!

First thing i noticed, the city is a lot more crowded. Stepping out of the apartment and it instantly feels more alive with a lot more people walking around.

Cops still randomly spawn behind you and can still 1 shot you at 3 star so can't really go on a rampage lol.

Might give this another go but im tempted just to wait abit longer for more content to drop.

Soldato
As someone who played it at launch on an Xbox One X (Performance wasn't mind blowing but still mostly playable) have they mentioned any plans to update NPC AI etc? I found the random crouching and generally dumb population, drivers, police a bit jarring. If they could marry the current look and feel with an improved GTA5 world AI it would be amazing.

Man of Honour
As someone who played it at launch on an Xbox One X (Performance wasn't mind blowing but still mostly playable) have they mentioned any plans to update NPC AI etc? I found the random crouching and generally dumb population, drivers, police a bit jarring. If they could marry the current look and feel with an improved GTA5 world AI it would be amazing.

They haven't mentioned any plans to do that, probably because they can't. Not at a viable cost in a viable timeframe, anyway. It's not a matter of improving the existing "AI" because there isn't any existing "AI". They'd have to write the whole lot from scratch and add it to the game. I'm not exaggerating. CP2077 only has some very simple scripting. There isn't the faintest pretence of AI. It's simply not there.

At most, they might put some pseudo-AI into the sequel, if they make one. Maybe. If they do, maybe they'll port it back to some sort of remastered CP2077 edition. Maybe 5 years from now. Maybe.

Soldato
I picked this up on PC on release, played about an hour and it was a mess so decided I'd wait until it had been improved/updated. Is now a good time to play it?

Soldato
They haven't mentioned any plans to do that, probably because they can't. Not at a viable cost in a viable timeframe, anyway. It's not a matter of improving the existing "AI" because there isn't any existing "AI". They'd have to write the whole lot from scratch and add it to the game. I'm not exaggerating. CP2077 only has some very simple scripting. There isn't the faintest pretence of AI. It's simply not there.

At most, they might put some pseudo-AI into the sequel, if they make one. Maybe. If they do, maybe they'll port it back to some sort of remastered CP2077 edition. Maybe 5 years from now. Maybe.

OOF. :( Its sad as it could've been an amazing game. I guess changes like that are a lot harder to implement once a game is fully released. Still, at least we had weiner selection/physics. That was new. :D

Man of Honour
I picked this up on PC on release, played about an hour and it was a mess so decided I'd wait until it had been improved/updated. Is now a good time to play it?

Many of the vast number of bugs have been fixed now. The game hasn't been improved in any other way, but I'm guessing that the bugs were a large part of the reason why you thought the game was a mess when you played it on release.

Since you've already paid for it, I think it's probably worth you giving it another go now unless there's some other reason not to (e.g. it would take ages to download it again, you're short on disc space, whatever). I think it's a fun game if you get to play it without major bugs and you're not expecting it to be anything like the game CDPR falsely claimed it was. I very much liked the setting of the game and some of the storytelling was very good. Although what is IMO the best storytelling ("Pyramid Song") is locked behind certain choices in certain quests, which is a bit of a shame. It's not a great game, but it is a great setting and that pulls my overall rating of the game up somewhat. I'd give it 7/10. I think it was worth the £50 I paid for it.

If you do have another go at it, it might be worth bearing in mind that the entire first act is in many ways an extended tutorial. Since you "played about an hour", you very likely didn't get past that point. The game opens up a lot after you complete "The Heist" (stealing the biochip), which ends Act 1.

Soldato
Yes, it runs and looks pretty decent on a RTX card. Most game breaking things are now fixed. Far from perfect game but its very good now.

Cheers

Many of the vast number of bugs have been fixed now. The game hasn't been improved in any other way, but I'm guessing that the bugs were a large part of the reason why you thought the game was a mess when you played it on release.

Since you've already paid for it, I think it's probably worth you giving it another go now unless there's some other reason not to (e.g. it would take ages to download it again, you're short on disc space, whatever). I think it's a fun game if you get to play it without major bugs and you're not expecting it to be anything like the game CDPR falsely claimed it was. I very much liked the setting of the game and some of the storytelling was very good. Although what is IMO the best storytelling ("Pyramid Song") is locked behind certain choices in certain quests, which is a bit of a shame. It's not a great game, but it is a great setting and that pulls my overall rating of the game up somewhat. I'd give it 7/10. I think it was worth the £50 I paid for it.

If you do have another go at it, it might be worth bearing in mind that the entire first act is in many ways an extended tutorial. Since you "played about an hour", you very likely didn't get past that point. The game opens up a lot after you complete "The Heist" (stealing the biochip), which ends Act 1.

Yes is was the bugs that put me off playing it, it looked nice but there were game breaking bugs. I had 2 within the first hour or so that stopped you progressing in the story. I'll give it a go next week after I've had my Back 4 Blood fix :)

Soldato
Next gen? This aint the console thread.
I know, but given how quiet CDP is, to me it seems they are focusing on a large update for nextgen consoles (and PC obviously) that will not just be about technical improvements, but likely have some content as well. So if someone waited this long, it might make sense to wait for it regardless of platform.

That said, I find Cyberpunk to have a great replayability, so I am glad I played it at launch (on my PC I had almost no issues) and will replay it once the updates and expansions are out.

Permabanned
I know, but given how quiet CDP is, to me it seems they are focusing on a large update for nextgen consoles (and PC obviously) that will not just be about technical improvements, but likely have some content as well. So if someone waited this long, it might make sense to wait for it regardless of platform.

That said, I find Cyberpunk to have a great replayability, so I am glad I played it at launch (on my PC I had almost no issues) and will replay it once the updates and expansions are out.

Ah I see. I played through on Series X and then PC when I got an RTX card. Will also possibly play again for updates/expansions. :p

Associate
That the PS6 release?

Soldato

Always has been.

The main issues with the game have been either if it were very buggy for you (or had a weak PC), or you didn't enjoy the kind of game it is.

Back
Top Bottom