*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
That bit was confusing. At first I was under the impression I had to find a way around said guard, I didn't realise I could 'sneak' right in front of him maybe 10ft away and not get spotted. Same for the next guard stood side on to the stairs, he clearly has zero peripheral vision.

The hacking tutorial, also very confusing/poorly laid out. Will probably result in me choosing to run into every situation with a shotgun instead

Yeah that was rubbish too, I was expecting Metro Exodus stealth requirements not Skyrim when you have sneak at level 100.

Associate
I was so confused in the training bit at the beginning where you have to select codes to hack a robot and make a grenade go off. Did that bit makes sense for anyone else? I could only select something in the first column and there was a timer which seemed to have no bearing on anything. I didn't really do anything but still managed to pass that section.

this helped me:

Soldato
The subreddit is an absolute mess right now, somewhat funny to read at times.

10 hours in and I haven't experienced any groundbreaking glitches, just a few visual ones, fortunately. Can't stand the inventory system though, so messy.

Soldato
There doesn't seem to be a walk key? And I've been playing Metro Exodus a lot recently and I like walking lol.

Did anyone else notice this?

Also the double tap dodging doesn't seem needed in this game...it's not Doom. I wish I could disable double tap dodging as I often double tap forward to walk slowly and my character leaps forward. But my intention is just to walk, not to dodge or leap.

Anyways, the crashing seemed to stop for me yesterday after trying every fix I could find on the internet, the one that I think worked for me in the end was playing full screen instead of windowed borderless and running the game from the exe file from the game installation folder. Nothing else worked accept this for me.

Soldato
Universal??? No idea what you getting at. I've been seeing a lot of comments tagged onto guru benchmarks, YouTube reviews, here in the console section for the game, generally seeing ppl getting refunds most places I'm reading about the game is all I'm saying.

Obviously not everyone will be refunding, but we gotta call this game out for what it is. Should not have released like this, should not be getting applauded for the state it is. Undeniably it's an incredible world, but when you watch reviews like Skillups which show severe problems sith the design choices in menus, crafting, stuff not working along with all the bugs, it's a good thing ppl are refunding, more ppl need to. To release a game in this state isnt a practice that should be defended or applauded.

Friends of mine are now giving up playing for the time being as bugs are getting to much with performance not being great unless you can brute force it with an overpriced gpu and cpu combo if you've been lucky enough to get hold of one the last couple of months. Also, and you must have noticed if you been in these forums, there's more ppl not enjoying it than I'd ever thought I'd see.
Sorry but this is nonsense.

Tis game runs perfectly fine on my system and many many others in here.

You seem hurt about a very very good game. Same with rd2 and last of us part 2. Slated just for the sake of clicks and responses

Soldato
There doesn't seem to be a walk key? And I've been playing Metro Exodus a lot recently and I like walking lol.

Also the double tap dodging doesn't seem needed in this game...it's not Doom. I wish I could disable double tap dodging as I often double tap forward to walk slowly and my character leaps forward. But my intention is just to walk, not to dodge or leap.

Anyways, the crashing seemed to stop for me yesterday after trying every fix I could find on the internet, the one that I think worked for me in the end was playing full screen instead of windowed borderless and running the game from the exe file from the game installation folder. Nothing else worked accept this for me.

Agreed it's almost sprinting everywhere which is annoying when you want to take the sites in

This is a basic

Associate

Yeah seems odd not to have a walk toggle option in a game that focuses on PC first... Switched to my PS5 controller for a little while and it's nice able to walk around and take in the sights.

Also no option to toggle ADS, I hate having to hold RMB to ADS. Ending up just hip firing and meleeing for now.

Associate
I still can't get over the cinematography and story telling skill they show right from the start of the game, especially the part where you fly through the city. It catches your imagination in just the right way, like something right out of Blade Runner.

Game is like a breath of fresh air. Exactly how it should have been, a more modern Deus Ex with all the right trappings and faultless execution.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a few of hours on it last night, only seen a couple of minor bugs so far, mainly with calling your car to your location (seems to enjoy driving though object's to reach you!). Performance wise it's a little bit of a mixed bag, I'm running a 2080ti & 5930K @4.3 but feel like I'm being bottlenecked at both ends as turning up/down the eye candy makes little difference in the busier areas, the usages also seem off on occasion, sometimes sitting at only 60% CPU and only 20% GPU. Other than that it's pretty acceptable. The lack of walk key was also bugging me, bit of an odd oversight tbh. I've also resorted to using a controller for driving as I just can't get the knack of using KB+M at the moment.

Most of the time it looks really good, I've had maybe a couple of instances where I thought it looked a little flat and underwhelming (almost reminded me of the Halo infinite reveal, maybe similar circumstances with the lighting and materials just not gelling together?). Then you get scenes where everything is just right and it genuinely might be the most visually impressive game we've seen. The audio and music is awesome too, they've really knocked it out of the park on those fronts.

Some of the choices and quick dialog options really had me thinking already too, its going to be interesting how many variations there are to some of these quests. I spoke with a friend earlier to get his thoughts so far and some of the stuff sounds like it played out completely different for him.

I was excited at launch, but expecting drawbacks giving the amount of issues people were describing. There's definitely a lot more room for polish and potentially further optimization so I can sympathize with everybody who isn't having a great experience, unfortunately it seems they really botched themselves into a corner with the way they handled the delays when ideally it maybe needed another couple of months in the oven.

There's just something about it though, at the beginning of the night I was contemplating shelving it for a little while in the wait for further patches, however by then end I had to drag myself away to bed, I'm completely invested now.

Soldato
Had a few of hours on it last night, only seen a couple of minor bugs so far, mainly with calling your car to your location (seems to enjoy driving though object's to reach you!). Performance wise it's a little bit of a mixed bag, I'm running a 2080ti & 5930K @4.3 but feel like I'm being bottlenecked at both ends as turning up/down the eye candy makes little difference in the busier areas, the usages also seem off on occasion, sometimes sitting at only 60% CPU and only 20% GPU. Other than that it's pretty acceptable. The lack of walk key was also bugging me, bit of an odd oversight tbh. I've also resorted to using a controller for driving as I just can't get the knack of using KB+M at the moment.

Most of the time it looks really good, I've had maybe a couple of instances where I thought it looked a little flat and underwhelming (almost reminded me of the Halo infinite reveal, maybe similar circumstances with the lighting and materials just not gelling together?). Then you get scenes where everything is just right and it genuinely might be the most visually impressive game we've seen. The audio and music is awesome too, they've really knocked it out of the park on those fronts.

Some of the choices and quick dialog options really had me thinking already too, its going to be interesting how many variations there are to some of these quests. I spoke with a friend earlier to get his thoughts so far and some of the stuff sounds like it played out completely different for him.

I was excited at launch, but expecting drawbacks giving the amount of issues people were describing. There's definitely a lot more room for polish and potentially further optimization so I can sympathize with everybody who isn't having a great experience, unfortunately it seems they really botched themselves into a corner with the way they handled the delays when ideally it maybe needed another couple of months in the oven.

There's just something about it though, at the beginning of the night I was contemplating shelving it for a little while in the wait for further patches, however by then end I had to drag myself away to bed, I'm completely invested now.

A strange one as I’m running the same 2080Ti 4k with maxed settings with a couple of shadow settings one notch down and hitting a constant 60fps. DLSS on balanced and no RTX as that really does tank fps.

Hasn’t dropped below 60fps at 4k for me yet which has been really surprising.

I’ve had a few small bugs people sat on nonexistent cars, car hovering off the road. Few distance render glitches but so far so good.

Does look a great game though and I’m really enjoying it so far.

Soldato
Also I had to turn subtitles off which is found in sound options and has a weird name...lol took me ages to find it.

The game looks better once you've disabled subtitles, there's two options, you have to disable npc subs and your own subs.

EDIT: Oh and we desperately need a speed limiter for the car so we can drive round the city better. Like the same one we got in Mafia series.

EDIT: Warning: Disabling NPC subs is fine but there was one mission where everyone was talking Chinese so you need the normal subs enabled for that mission, but I just quickly changed it in options menu and then disabled it again after that mission.

As when you have it enabled it auto translates from Chinese to English.

EDIT: At least I think it was Chinese, sorry if I got wrong language mixed up, I'm not good with languages...

Like Bruce Willis says in Fifth Element movie - "I only speak two languages, English and bad English!" lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom