*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Are a lot of people jumping on the band wagon and intentionally looking to find flaws rather then try and enjoy the game ? It seems 50/50 in here with people enjoying the game (bugs aside) and others just focusing on the flaws

V F

V F

Soldato
I am 50 street cred and 39 level. I have been playing hard in truth and have over 50 hours now. Sure, there are bugs but none are game breaking for me and I just get on with it. Maybe that stems from the Spectrum days :D

You're on PC, the problems are less on PC versus the consoles. On Playstation 4 framerate is dropping down to 15fps in some aspects.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am 50 street cred and 39 level. I have been playing hard in truth and have over 50 hours now. Sure, there are bugs but none are game breaking for me and I just get on with it. Maybe that stems from the Spectrum days :D

Yeah same here mate. I am old school also and had a ZX Spectrum +2 when I was a kid. I think that was my first console, I remember thinking this is **** (cassettes took ages to load and games were rubbish) and then my Dad got me a Sage Master System followed by a NES. Now those two consoles I loved and still have them today. I still remember how it all started, we were at a family/friends gathering and some other kid had a console there, I think it was an atari and I remember saying something along the lines of your dad is so cool for getting you that. My dad was around and obviously heard that and within a year I had 3 consoles :p

Soldato

Considering I bought an Atari Console and paid around £20 in 1980 (which google informs me is worth about £85 in 2020 (jeebus)) to play this...

...is probably why Cyberpunk2077 doesn't seem too bad for me! :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Considering I bought an Atari Console and paid around £20 in 1980 (which google informs me is worth about £85 in 2020 (jeebus)) to play this...

Haha, yeah. I was not even in my dad's dangle's back then :p

Caporegime
Yeah same here mate. I am old school also and had a ZX Spectrum +2 when I was a kid. I think that was my first console, I remember thinking this is **** (cassettes took ages to load and games were rubbish) and then my Dad got me a Sage Master System followed by a NES. Now those two consoles I loved and still have them today. I still remember how it all started, we were at a family/friends gathering and some other kid had a console there, I think it was an atari and I remember saying something along the lines of your dad is so cool for getting you that. My dad was around and obviously heard that and within a year I had 3 consoles :p

Haha, this is probably why we just get on with it. Our generation accept imperfections and carry on.

Soldato
Are a lot of people jumping on the band wagon and intentionally looking to find flaws rather then try and enjoy the game ? It seems 50/50 in here with people enjoying the game (bugs aside) and others just focusing on the flaws

I think i speak on behalf of 50% of people on here that we are not trying to find flaws but it's not acceptable for a company to mislead customers, and cutting their content just a release a game early is just shambolic and a scam. We are fed of game developers using that same excuse to make a quick buck and this seems to happen more and more i.e. Fallout 76 promised the world and released a pile of poo. When i created my own games for VR horror i didn't just release it half done i made sure that all the triggers, entity, and specifically npc's worked. What they released was no QA at all, we should as gamers should be saying enough is enough if they want our money they need to do alpha and beta testing to the community. But this was all behind closed doors because what we saw was a gimmick and was never planned to be in the game at all. They will iron out the bugs but if sony are pulling their game off their store and one of their own investors have lost 1billion this is not a good sign. Trailers can be deceiving and it's done it's job.

Soldato
Double jumping is my new fav thing :D

Cyberpunk-2077-2020.12.18---03.16.gif

Cyberpunk-2077-2020.12.18---03.14.gif

Looks amazing on yoru system

Soldato
Nothing technical for me but just hasn't grabbed me at all this game. Played like 4 hours last weekend and not touched it since....

Looks lovely but just seems a bit "linear" in terms of storyline.

Soldato
they will have lost the goodwill given to them by a lot of gamers who had them on a pedestal for Witcher 3.

I doubt it tbh. A large portion of players and 'influences'(hate that word when did that become a thing!) are already making excuses and are quick to point out in their videos/posts that it is only on last gen consoles there is a problem, ignoring all the features poorly done or missing and the shady practices CDPR pulled off. (we're sorry we didn't let anyone review the console version or show you footage of it before release. We should have done that...)

When games are released in a poor or unacceptable state there is far too much of an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude imo.

Tbh I was looking forward to the game but some people were expecting the second coming. This is only like the 4th game they have released and the first one of its kind for them. TW 1 and 2 were good games but janky af. They hyped the game to unrealistic proportions and their fans only made things worse.

I'm willing to forgive and forget and I'll pick the game up when I hear its been improved... Tbh I might even get it before then in a few weeks. I have no ill will against them as I believe they generally had good intentions and things got away from them, but it does leave a bit of a bad feeling thinking about how smug they were over they years having digs at other companies and claiming the high ground. Remember the glowing praise they got when they released that trailer with the release date that just said when's it's ready... Or when the controversy about crunch hit the headlines suddenly they bring out a press release saying they won't be having any crunch and basking in the praise...

Man of Honour
I doubt it tbh. A large portion of players and 'influences'(hate that word when did that become a thing!) are already making excuses and are quick to point out in their videos/posts that it is only on last gen consoles there is a problem, ignoring all the features poorly done or missing and the shady practices CDPR pulled off. (we're sorry we didn't let anyone review the console version or show you footage of it before release. We should have done that...)

When games are released in a poor or unacceptable state there is far too much of an 'I'm alright Jack' attitude imo.

Tbh I was looking forward to the game but some people were expecting the second coming. This is only like the 4th game they have released and the first one of its kind for them. TW 1 and 2 were good games but janky af. They hyped the game to unrealistic proportions and their fans only made things worse.

I'm willing to forgive and forget and I'll pick the game up when I hear its been improved... Tbh I might even get it before then in a few weeks. I have no ill will against them as I believe they generally had good intentions and things got away from them, but it does leave a bit of a bad feeling thinking about how smug they were over they years having digs at other companies and claiming the high ground. Remember the glowing praise they got when they released that trailer with the release date that just said when's it's ready... Or when the controversy about crunch hit the headlines suddenly they bring out a press release saying they won't be having any crunch and basking in the praise...

Well to be fair, from what you have written there you didnt have them on a pedestal for Witcher 3 so the goodwill lost isnt really applicable to you. I've seen A LOT (even in just this thread) of folks around on the net and friends in RL, who have reduced their opinion of CDPR over this release, I'm pretty certain that they wont be put on a pedestal again when their next game is due.

Soldato
I thought the same the other day while playing. I'm forcing my way through, as tempting as it is to find something more polished to play, as I never went back to Bloodlines and it's regarded very highly but I'll forever have the taint of what it was like on release.

Give it a try if you haven't finished it back in the day. With the latest patches is decent and should run perfectly on the latest hardware. When I've tried it first, I think I had like 256MB of RAM and it took ages to load between levels (just like Doom), but oh boy it was good! :D

Yes, except they don’t actually do anything. They stand in one place and that’s about it.

While sometimes they do stand in one place, more often than not, they move, push, throw grenades and NPCs that use melee weapons can switch to fire arms (which can be deadly for you if they're high level).

Anyway, people make fun of Squadron42/Star Citizen and Chris Roberts, but Cyberpunk is the perfect example of what happens when you try to make a complex game, but you don't take your time to actually finish it and polish it completly.

Soldato
Quite agree. I’m having a great time playing. Cancel culture strikes again.

a perfect example, brother in law yammering away to the wife “how could I still play such a broken rubbish game?!”...he’s not played it....

Yeah, a lot of people slating it have either not played it or only played a couple of hours. I understand it's a different issue on base PS4 and Xbox One compared to PC.

I think the story is great and gets better as you progress in the game, some fantastic characters. I can't defend the bugs of course, the absence of QA and I've criticised the lack of true choice in dialogue options myself but I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of it regardless. I did try to avoid all of the hype building elements like press releases and 'Night City Wire' segments (apart from the first one) so I think that contributes to me not expecting a lot of the features people are unhappy with.

Is it that my GFX settings are low or do the vending machines always dispatch their contents in the same brown bag?
Seems odd to buy a can and receive a brown paper bag.
Even deus ex managed better, 20 years ago.

There are different machines, some dispense drinks cans, some burritos, etc.

Soldato
Is it that my GFX settings are low or do the vending machines always dispatch their contents in the same brown bag?
Seems odd to buy a can and receive a brown paper bag.
Even deus ex managed better, 20 years ago.

Associate
The game definitely has its fair share of flaws but you wouldn't be mistaken.
Some people are going out of their way to replicate bugs and claim that's the norm, or pressing the camera right up against things you wouldn't even notice unless you were doing the same

Back
Top Bottom