*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
The save limit will be increased / removed in a patch no doubt, still doesn’t help people who have lost games due to it already though.
One would hope but afaik CDPR's only response thus far is that it 'may be fixed' and to recommend not picking up/crafting so many items?

Associate
One would hope but afaik CDPR's only response thus far is that it 'may be fixed' and to recommend not picking up/crafting so many items?
I think their advice was along the lines of the game was made to be restarted from the beginning and not as one really long playthrough which is weird if you want to level up before progressing the main story

Associate
What is everyone's opinion of the quality of the side missions ? Worth doing them all after completing the main game ?

lots of encounters, they vary from stealth to kill, adequate to ok, one of them gives you the porsche 911 to drive. It is a strange format they have for the game, tehy want you to play through all the side quests before you do the "Final" Sequence, and afterwards the only way you can carry on playing is to restart or reload an earlier manual save. I just finished the Nomad line, going to try corpo next. But I feel the game isn't meant to be rushed, I just enjoyed patrolling around the map randomly crashing into things, and doing encounters,gigs, ?'s as they appeared close by me on the minimap

Soldato
I think their advice was along the lines of the game was made to be restarted from the beginning and not as one really long playthrough which is weird if you want to level up before progressing the main story
It's totally bizarre, I'm surprised there isn't more backlash against it. I guess most people aren't in a position where they can think about doing everything in the game for various reasons.

Soldato
oh god, hope I don't hit the 8mb save file limit. Where's the save file located?

I'm about 25 hours in and only just starting Act 2, was just roaming around finding things and exploring. Feel Cohh's summary is spot on, if you can get past some of the basic/missing parts then it's a really good game.

Soldato
oh god, hope I don't hit the 8mb save file limit. Where's the save file located?

I'm about 25 hours in and only just starting Act 2, was just roaming around finding things and exploring. Feel Cohh's summary is spot on, if you can get past some of the basic/missing parts then it's a really good game.

I have been crafting the whole time get my crafting RP up and my saves are only 4-5 meg.
However, I do not hord anything and break it down as so as I have used it.

Location is

C:\Users\XXXXX\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
What is everyone's opinion of the quality of the side missions ? Worth doing them all after completing the main game ?
Yes 100%, i actually stopped playing the main story and went and did some side missions instead. The side missions all have their own little backgrounds and stories behind them, they're interesting and not generic. I must have spent a good 15+ hours so far just on side missions alone. Im around 45 hours in and i think im about 1/4 of the way through the main story but i am taking it really slow...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You must have not played many console games then.
Friends with COD / Warzone crash quite a lot, i’ve had crashes on PS1, Xbox, SNES, Megadrive, N64... Different forms like frozen due to cartridge, laser issues, overheating etc.
A console is only hardware in a smaller case with controllers and output to tv, of course they can crash. Consoles have crashed since the days of the master system and probably before (i was just too young before master system)
Hah. Here is my console list:

ZX Spectrum +2
Sage Master System
NES
SNES
GameBoy
Sega Mega Drive
N64
PlayStation
Dreamcast
GameCube
GameBoy Advance
PS2
XBOX
3DO
Nintendo DS
PS3
XBOX 360
PSP
Wii
3DS
Wii U
Nintendo Switch
PlayStation 4 Pro

I do remember having to blow on cartridges to get them to work sometimes, but once it started it would just work. I mean maybe I did have something freeze, but I do not recall so it could not have been something that happened much if at all.

Associate
Anyone else's game crashing today since update? As soon as I click continue and try get into a game wham im back to desktop saying the game flatline... Worked well yesterday for the 4hrs i spent on it.
Gpu: Rtx 3070
Cpu: 5800xt

Soldato
Yes 100%, i actually stopped playing the main story and went and did some side missions instead. The side missions all have their own little backgrounds and stories behind them, they're interesting and not generic. I must have spent a good 15+ hours so far just on side missions alone. Im around 45 hours in and i think im about 1/4 of the way through the main story but i am taking it really slow...

Agreed - the quality of the side missions is excellent, I tend to do quite a few side missions then do a story mission and it works well.

Back
Top Bottom