*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Game feels more laggy after the patch, guessing it's the removal of SMT on 5800x. I'm back to only every other core doing work.
Same here on 3800x. Can't even do the hex edit to change it back as all the values have changed.

Prepatch with hex edit 60-85% all cores/threads.
Postpatch nearly half the threads are really low usage while the others spike to 95%+. Can notice the framerate drop.

So much for it not effecting 8+ core Ryzen CPUs.

Caporegime
What is everyone's opinion of the quality of the side missions ? Worth doing them all after completing the main game ?
they are more than just side missions, some of them continue on for 6-10+ missions following the same story arc.
Finding all the cabs is semi worth too took me about 2 hours without fast travel but I think I did the wrong option at the end :(
tarrot cards
I collected them all but it said 2 are missing cos they haven't happened yet...
maybe it's different if your far enough in the story :S or just a load of crap

GIGs I think are just "bonus missions" for cash but they unlock with street cred so I'm not sure, side missions though are 100% worth, keanu shows up in most of them, maybe not if you went too far in the story though.
I'm only on act 2 still, level 27 with 50 street cred, only did side missions for days :D

almost maxed out quick hacking now, who needs weapons LOL, they get insanely OP, anytime I see huge groups I can attack contagion just bounces around like pong :D

Last edited:
Associate
Same here on 3800x. Can't even do the hex edit to change it back as all the values have changed.

Prepatch with hex edit 60-85% all cores/threads.
Postpatch nearly half the threads are really low usage while the others spike to 95%+. Can notice the framerate drop.

So much for it not effecting 8+ core Ryzen CPUs.
I Noticed the same. My CPU usage is 20% higher now so I'm fully loaded on all threads. Noticeable stutter on occasion. Some CPU code must be running unoptimised now I guess instead of fix the original problem they removed something.

Associate
What I think you're both ignoring is that what has been released is epic in scale, both in terms of number of missions, number of mechanics in the game, sheer size and complexity of the city which winds around in on itself over multiple layers, the large amount of voice acting and mocap. It's huge and complex. They aimed very high and fell slightly short, which means if you have this weird relativistic thinking it's seen as a "mess" or a "failure", yet if you actually just consider the size and scope of the game in an absolute sense without some expectation to compare it to, what a fairly small team has released is impressive in its own right.

It's really rough to see some of these comments bash the game and the developers, I get people are disappointed and it released with bugs and some stuff cut, but let's try and keep that in perspective.

You've got totally the wrong idea, I'm actually enjoying the game, and haven't played anything else since release day. ;)

Soldato
they are more than just side missions, some of them continue on for 6-10+ missions following the same story arc.
Finding all the cabs is semi worth too took me about 2 hours without fast travel but I think I did the wrong option at the end :(
tarrot cards
I collected them all but it said 2 are missing cos they haven't happened yet...
maybe it's different if your far enough in the story :S or just a load of crap

GIGs I think are just "bonus missions" for cash but they unlock with street cred so I'm not sure, side missions though are 100% worth, keanu shows up in most of them, maybe not if you went too far in the story though.
I'm only on act 2 still, level 27 with 50 street cred, only did side missions for days :D

almost maxed out quick hacking now, who needs weapons LOL, they get insanely OP, anytime I see huge groups I can attack contagion just bounces around like pong :D

There is only 2 acts

Soldato
Hah. Here is my console list:

ZX Spectrum +2
Sage Master System
NES
SNES
GameBoy
Sega Mega Drive
N64
PlayStation
Dreamcast
GameCube
GameBoy Advance
PS2
XBOX
3DO
Nintendo DS
PS3
XBOX 360
PSP
Wii
3DS
Wii U
Nintendo Switch
PlayStation 4 Pro

I do remember having to blow on cartridges to get them to work sometimes, but once it started it would just work. I mean maybe I did have something freeze, but I do not recall so it could not have been something that happened much if at all.
Nice list. One particular one was Ecco on the Megadrive. Quite far into the game and boom. Just froze, couldnt do anything. Gutted. Damn that game was hard

Soldato
Game feels more laggy after the patch, guessing it's the removal of SMT on 5800x. I'm back to only every other core doing work.
Strange, seems better on my 5800X than before. I’ll play for a bit and post cpu usage

Driving around for 20 or 30 mins, multiple areas, camera panning driving into crowds etc.
jf13Vwm.png

Last edited:

ne0

ne0

Associate
Not sure if already mentioned but HDR is 100% fixed with the latest Nvidia driver hotfix. Soon as game booted up I could tell as borders were pure black and not grey like before.

This is obviously coupled with patch 1.5 but I think it was the Nvidia hotfix that sorted it.

Man of Honour
Not sure if already mentioned but HDR is 100% fixed with the latest Nvidia driver hotfix. Soon as game booted up I could tell as borders were pure black and not grey like before.

This is obviously coupled with patch 1.5 but I think it was the Nvidia hotfix that sorted it.

Will have to try it when I get around to the hotfix. It wasn't taking good advantage before of HDR on my setup.

Back
Top Bottom