*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
Maybe someone hacked in and replaced their source files with better code...

Seems it was ransomware, as they spoke of encrypted drives, and replacing from backups.

Lets hope they didn't drop anything nasty in the internal copy of existing source code that goes unnoticed :s

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Assuming they (a) couldn't touch backups (b) CDPR either checks existing source code and/or entirely reverts to the backup version.
Well I do not intend to install it again until a expansion is out, so if there is anything dodgy, hopefully it will be found by then. But being on something like Steam I am sure they will have compared copies to see if any changes.

Man of Honour
Well I do not intend to install it again until a expansion is out, so if there is anything dodgy, hopefully it will be found by then. But being on something like Steam I am sure they will have compared copies to see if any changes.

I'm not. There should currently be changes being made to Cyberpunk 2077 code at CDPR (given how badly it needs more patches), so code held internally shouldn't exactly match code held on Steam's systems anyway. even if CDPR did do that check (and we don't know if they did), it might miss something nasty slipped into the code while the stuff done overtly during the intrusion draws attention away from that and removes the need for the intrustion to pass undetected.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm not. There should currently be changes being made to Cyberpunk 2077 code at CDPR (given how badly it needs more patches), so code held internally shouldn't exactly match code held on Steam's systems anyway. even if CDPR did do that check (and we don't know if they did), it might miss something nasty slipped into the code while the stuff done overtly during the intrusion draws attention away from that and removes the need for the intrustion to pass undetected.
I feel that if there is anything it noteworthy it will show up in 6-9 months time which is when the expansion may come out. We will see I guess, I have many other games to play and only so much time so no rush to play it anytime soon.

Associate
I read about all the problems, but I thought it was exaggerated until I installed and played it for the first time 2 days ago. I don't mind occasional glitches, I don't care too much about frame rates, or bugs if there are workarounds, besides, a whole lot of people are having fun with it, so I thought: Let's have a look.
No, this is just shocking, the graphical errors are horrendous. Even I gave up after a short while. Hardly a scene, starting with the very first scene in the bar where I fix my nose, the lady next to me was missing her legs, so that her prosthetics were more or less standing on the ground unattached. And it went on that way. Every. Single. Scene.
Boy, have they got work to do.

Man of Honour
I read about all the problems, but I thought it was exaggerated until I installed and played it for the first time 2 days ago. I don't mind occasional glitches, I don't care too much about frame rates, or bugs if there are workarounds, besides, a whole lot of people are having fun with it, so I thought: Let's have a look.
No, this is just shocking, the graphical errors are horrendous. Even I gave up after a short while. Hardly a scene, starting with the very first scene in the bar where I fix my nose, the lady next to me was missing her legs, so that her prosthetics were more or less standing on the ground unattached. And it went on that way. Every. Single. Scene.

What makes it worse (in terms of fixing it) is the lack of consistency. I had played for ~90 hours before I encountered my first graphical glitch (a section of road that was invisible). It varies wildly from one PC to another and it seems that nobody knows why.

Caporegime
What could the benefit be from paying that amount of money for some code? The whole situation just seems odd.

Like opethdisciple said it could be someone buying on behalf of CDPR, one of the stipulations of the sale was that it wouldn't be given to others. $7m is peanuts compared to the money they've scammed out of misleading people into buying Cyberpunk. I'm not sure how you can expect hackers to keep their promise though.

On the other hand it could be some game developer startup looking for a base/engine to get them started on their own project, we can laugh at the idea of people paying $7m for the Cyberpunk code but the Witcher 3 source code probably added a lot to the value. I'd look out for a Witcher 3 clone in the next few years..

Associate
On the other hand it could be some game developer startup looking for a base/engine to get them started on their own project, we can laugh at the idea of people paying $7m for the Cyberpunk code but the Witcher 3 source code probably added a lot to the value. I'd look out for a Witcher 3 clone in the next few years..
Would be way too obvious and completely kill off any studio that tried it

Associate
13 million copies sold and counting. They have made the profits, no point in fixing the issues now :) and what's this I hear, they got hacked, let me guess that means delays of some kind? what's that noise, sounds like a fort made with piles of cash.

When I look at this being played on twitch it looks somewhere between awesome and Deus Ex Invisible War (which looked really good imo in 2004 :)).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What makes it worse (in terms of fixing it) is the lack of consistency. I had played for ~90 hours before I encountered my first graphical glitch (a section of road that was invisible). It varies wildly from one PC to another and it seems that nobody knows why.

Yeah my first play through around 100 hours or so fairly minimal graphical glitches, I've started a new character and encountered dozens of them in less than an hour of playing - though not to the extent some are complaining of. Very weird.

First character was male corpo second was female street kid - not sure if that makes any difference though.

One thing that is quite noticeable as well with the new character I get far more low detail objects and delayed loading of high quality ones much more - even just switching between saves from one character to the other the difference is noticeable.

Last edited:
Soldato
100+ hours as female streetkid. Just a few floating objects and once or twice did the standing on the motorbike no hands trick for me. Otherwise, hassle free gameplay throughout an awesome game in my opinion. My only critique was the lack of dolls to interact with, a bit more variety would have been nice! :D

Back
Top Bottom