Whats the best hdr setting to use in this game ? thx
Depends on your display.

On QD-OLED at 1000 nits mode:

dRiY74Z.jpeg

Soldato
Depends on your display.

On QD-OLED at 1000 nits mode:

dRiY74Z.jpeg
Thx for that, i have oled, i think its only like max 700 nits, so i guess i would put 700 maybe in the maximum brightness box then ?, also there is another separate hdr setting in menus somewhere, like srgb hdr or summat like that and another choice ? i cant check at the moment.

Man of Honour
Thx for that, i have oled, i think its only like max 700 nits, so i guess i would put 700 maybe in the maximum brightness box then ?, also there is another separate hdr setting in menus somewhere, like srgb hdr or summat like that and another choice ? i cant check at the moment.

Yeah 700, although if you are using Nova LUT (the HDR version as you're in HDR), then the modder recommends putting the HDR brightness 25-30% over what your display supports and midpoint to 3 for the best experience. I've stuck to 1070 for mine but will increase it later. Was playing recently with HDR and yeah it's rather awesome :cool:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5La4kuc" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/5La4kuc"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Doesn't work although that image is in HDR and you can't screenshot in HDR to share as they come out washed out :p

Man of Honour
Can now, couldn't when I saw the post

Edit*

2Ml67tP.jpg

Perfectly normal citizen in Night City :cry:

And this was pretty cool don't think I recall seeing it before, it's the only area of the entire game I've seen it too and I'm 414hrs in the city...

River Ward doing his best Kevin Bacon impression:

Last edited:
Soldato
Can now, couldn't when I saw the post

Edit*

2Ml67tP.jpg

Perfectly normal citizen in Night City :cry:

And this was pretty cool don't think I recall seeing it before, it's the only area of the entire game I've seen it too and I'm 414hrs in the city...

River Ward doing his best Kevin Bacon impression:
Looks great, is that the standard game or with mods ? its great finding something in a game even after playing 100's hours, i find things in DL2 after 100's hours of play time as well.

Man of Honour
Looks great, is that the standard game or with mods ? its great finding something in a game even after playing 100's hours, i find things in DL2 after 100's hours of play time as well.

That's with the mods in my screenshot list of mods posted earlier in the thread, NOva LUT is what makes the most difference of course but HD Reworked textured increases the quality of road surfaces and stuff like that too. I have a bunch of other screenshots in the screenshots thread btw.

thank you what about any weather mods my game is almost always sunny.
I don't use any weather mods as they tend to mess with other game mechanics like lighting sometimes. If I fancy a change of weather right there and then though, then I open the CET menu and adjust the weather to preference using the Appearance Menu mod

In the CET menu will be the new AMM toolbar, in the Tools tab you can adjust time of day, weather etc.

Edit*
In action, smoother video this time as was using RTSS record last time:

Last edited:
Associate
That's with the mods in my screenshot list of mods posted earlier in the thread, NOva LUT is what makes the most difference of course but HD Reworked textured increases the quality of road surfaces and stuff like that too. I have a bunch of other screenshots in the screenshots thread btw.

I don't use any weather mods as they tend to mess with other game mechanics like lighting sometimes. If I fancy a change of weather right there and then though, then I open the CET menu and adjust the weather to preference using the Appearance Menu mod

In the CET menu will be the new AMM toolbar, in the Tools tab you can adjust time of day, weather etc.

Edit*
In action, smoother video this time as was using RTSS record last time:

thank you very much I looked at nova lut and there are so many variation any suggestion for oled tv?

Associate
Just tried the mod to use frame gen with 3xxx series cards (using FSR3). Damn I'm impressed - >60fps 1440p with psycho RT + Path Tracing, with DLSS+Frame Gen. Looks and plays great.
It's not perfect (definitely some artifacts visibile in certain parts), but very playable and input lag aint bad.

Just a shame I don't really love the game hah - though haven't properly played since the overhaul to classes etc.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There is no Psycho RT when path tracing is enabled it's just path tracing as it's superior to any RT setting :p

FG mod ghosting etc does have a mod to fix that to some degree:

Associate
Just tried the mod to use frame gen with 3xxx series cards (using FSR3). Damn I'm impressed - >60fps 1440p with psycho RT + Path Tracing, with DLSS+Frame Gen. Looks and plays great.
It's not perfect (definitely some artifacts visibile in certain parts), but very playable and input lag aint bad.

Just a shame I don't really love the game hah - though haven't properly played since the overhaul to classes etc.
Which CPU? If I turn on path tracing it drops to about 20fps. That's with frame gen enabled. I can just about run it with RT on Ultra, most other settings maxed or close to.

As it is even with frame gen I'm seeing huge performance dips in more dense parts of the map or during heavy combat, despite it suggesting it's running at at least 50fps most of the time.

5800x + 3060ti FE. 1440p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom