Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
I must admit I’m finding it hard to play not difficulty just overwhelming and difficult to work through things. It all feels like it’s to much if that makes sense. Driving around the city is not as fun as I hoped if you even tap a person everyone goes mad.....

I feel exactly the same, its so overwhelming at the moment. I find the hacking quite confusing and the combat is frantic. AI seems awful as well, and as you say having a whole load of peds cowering in fear non stop because of something minor is silly.

Visually it can look amazing at times and also average at times, it's weird.

I'm sure I'll get into it more as the game goes on, but I'm not as blown away as I thought I would be.

I felt a bit like this when I first played Witcher 3 (minus the graphics), and that ended up being one of my favourite games ever.

I won't say it looks awful on my CX OLED....but the color grading is....weird. There's no actual true black, just a murkey grey/green colour you see on the whole screen when it's loading stuff. Makes the TV look like a cheap LED.

I'm using a CX as well and noticed the same thing with regards to blacks. There is options to change HDR settings in game, but haven't had much luck making things look any better.

Soldato
I think it probably is a very good game, underneath the mess....that's why I'm going to wait until they fix it.

It's this great world you want to immerse yourself in, but the bugs keep wrenching you out....

Caporegime
I think it will turn out excellent once finished as well but it's a bit disgusting how so many reviewers have given it a 10/10 when hearing some of you describe your experience with it and how they were coerced into not showing true footage of the game (bugs etc) through promises of a magical patch that they weren't given. They reportedly got Tomshardware not to show benchmarks as well with some excuse about DRM software. It sounds like they have gone out of their way to cover up the sorry state it is in and pull the wool over everybody's eyes.

What's the point in reviews if they aren't a true reflection of the product?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well we should perhaps make a list of reviewers who were more truthful and support them more and start ditching the ones who took the bribes until they do their jobs properly.

Soldato
Most reviews are paid for nowadays though... it’s been obvious for a long time. TLoU 2 was much the same.

Yawn....

TLOU2 was a masterpiece so what are you taking about? In fact don't answer as your opinion is always awful anyway.

Back to Cyberpunk.

I would rather they continued to delay it until its ready. Im sure one day it will be great!

Soldato
I really enjoyed LOU2 one of my favourites last gen.

ACG is the only reviewer I trust these days and he refused to review the game with the implications CDPR put on reviews. He is going to review once everything is on the table....

Soldato
I'm actually really enjoying it now... Thought it was a bit clunky at the start, and the driving is horrible (although going first person camera helps keep the immersion and stops you wanting to speed everywhere), and I've had one crash, and I can't get the HDR to look nice at all on my LG TV, and the graphics seem to swing wildly between amazing and terrible, but it's just really cool :p.

Associate
So what's the population count? Seeing a few console streams and streets look deserted.
It's sparse. Like others have said, sometimes looks quite good, but wow loads of textures are so poor. It really feels like an oldish game so far.

Soldato
It's sparse. Like others have said, sometimes looks quite good, but wow loads of textures are so poor. It really feels like an oldish game so far.

Yikes. I'll prob do one play through then stop until the bugs are sorted and next gen update

Caporegime
It was never going to live up to the hype, numerous delays hardly ever end well and it sounds like they could’ve done with delaying it again. Makes no difference to me mind, as I’ve already said I’m waiting for the next gen patch :p

Back
Top Bottom