Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
So what's the population count? Seeing a few console streams and streets look deserted.

Some areas are really busy, but there's a lot so far which haven't been busy at all. Just depends where you are and time of day.

I'm enjoying it, just struggling to get my head around it all at the moment. Combat is so chaotic and the heavy metal blaring in my ears while I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing is quite stressful :p

Soldato
Why so aggressive?

Massive Sony fanboy, can’t take anything negative in relation to PlayStation.

Fact of the matter was that TLoU 2 was extremely divisive due to the nonsensical and politically fuelled hash of a story, yet no mainstream reviewer gave it a bad score because they’re all either in Sony’s pocket or can’t risk upsetting them and getting blacklisted. The public opinion was a more true review of the game, which was far less positive.

We’re seeing the same issue here, 2077 has been hyped for years and now very few reviewers have the integrity to give it a proper review. Hence why such a broken game is getting such high scores across the board despite all the shady practices that are being implemented by CDPR.

Soldato
Massive Sony fanboy, can’t take anything negative in relation to PlayStation.

Fact of the matter was that TLoU 2 was extremely divisive due to the nonsensical and politically fuelled hash of a story, yet no mainstream reviewer gave it a bad score because they’re all either in Sony’s pocket or can’t risk upsetting them and getting blacklisted. The public opinion was a more true review of the game, which was far less positive.

We’re seeing the same issue here, 2077 has been hyped for years and now very few reviewers have the integrity to give it a proper review. Hence why such a broken game is getting such high scores across the board despite all the shady practices that are being implemented by CDPR.

I felt the same about TLOU2 until I played it all the way through. Tbh I actually preferred Abbies character over Ellie’s. The story was fantastic and tbh all the hatred was a bit ott.

Cyberpunk is a good game it’s just messy and confusing at the moment. I’m not sure what they have going on with the HDR and lighting but it’s weird it gives me brain ache. It’s weird it can look stunning and horrid all at once.

The amount of icons on the map makes Assassins creed look sparse. I have no idea what most of them are or do. When I went off exploring I hit an invisible wall which flipped my car into a pedestrian which alerted everyone who then all started shooting me.....

It has so much potential to be amazing but it’s so buggy and over complicated CDPR have a lot of work still to do.

Soldato

GameSpot gave it a 7, PC Gamer 78, there are a lot of 8s which say good game but underbaked.

I don't think sites are being paid to score it highly. They don't need to, they'll make a fortune off the ad revenue.

Every video or review I've seen regarding the PC version has been very up front about the bugs and issues. And that's the best version, I think it's poor the console codes were not distributed (or were done so late).

CDPR probably do get more leeway than some devs but then they've earnt that goodwill by offering lots of free content and committing to free next gen upgrades. It shouldn't impact an independent review but everyone has some unconscious bias.

Caporegime
OP
I’ve been having a blast, 3:30hours in and only a couple of odd glitches like a door not opening to see the ripperdoc and one enemy falling over face first and lying on the floor for me to kill him :D

edit: Forgot I had a couple of pauses mid combat and had to wait a few seconds for the action to catch up.

Oh and there’s a lot here systems wise, it’s a little overwhelming but I’ve still got my head above water.

Soldato
I've only played for a few hours but I've definitely enjoyed what I've played so far. I'm on Series X and have had a couple of bugs but nothing game-breaking yet.

Trying to be stealthy but it's rather jarring stealthing past enemies that can still see you. The game doesn't really hand anything to you. The hacking is also good fun but there's so much to learn. Hopefully as you level up your skills, it'll be a bit easier.

Permabanned
Really makes AC:Van look an even greater game. 3 hours into 2077 and my mind is fried. Graphics haven't blown me away yet on the series x. But won't discount it just yet. But I can see people buying this and giving up soon after, like that happened with the fallout 4 hype.

Soldato
Will give it a few hours, but might pack it away until its been upgraded to current gen consoles (I don't think we can refer to next gen consoles as such, given that they've now been released :p)

The visuals look really soft and as someone else mentioned, the HDR and weird colour tone is a bit off putting.

Soldato
Why so aggressive?

I wasn't aggressive at all however the guy is a troll and has been for a long time who always turns other threads into a reason to bash Sony or a Sony IP when there its really nothing to do with them. It's very boring and very odd.

My copy of this comes today. Reading some of the posts it id be tempted to wait a while but I'm not sure I can so ill see what happens.

Might be worth giving it a shot and selling it if its not great.

Yeah, multiple delays rarely end well.

Associate
Anyone playing this on PS5? Really want to give it a go, but also tempted to wait (not least as I might build a new gaming PC in the new year).

Baffled as to anyone not rating TLOU2 incidentally, didn't expect much after the negative hype but I thought it was ace!

Soldato
I wasn't aggressive at all however the guy is a troll and has been for a long time who always turns other threads into a reason to bash Sony or a Sony IP when there its really nothing to do with them. It's very boring and very odd.

My copy of this comes today. Reading some of the posts it id be tempted to wait a while but I'm not sure I can so ill see what happens.

Might be worth giving it a shot and selling it if its not great.

Yeah, multiple delays rarely end well.

Just block him mate, then you never have to deal with any of that, it's like they don't exist.

Fingers crossed my copy arrives today, I went for disc as I'm not convinced what with all the hype and if it's a disappointment then I can recoup some of the cost.

Soldato
Just block him mate, then you never have to deal with any of that, it's like they don't exist.

Fingers crossed my copy arrives today, I went for disc as I'm not convinced what with all the hype and if it's a disappointment then I can recoup some of the cost.

Yeah, that was my thinking. I still have AC and Spiderman so I really shouldn't have got this but its been years of waiting!

Caporegime
Judging by early impressions, I might wait till next year’s next gen version and let the bugs be ironed out.

This is what I was always intending to do and at this stage, it seems sensible.

Imagine how bad it would have been if they stuck to the original November release date!

Back
Top Bottom