Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
Genuine question, what do you expect from weak old hardware from 2013?
Come on. You know as well as I do that there are some amazing looking games that run perfectly well on the PS4. This is just some massive overreaching ambition by the devs. I'm sure they'll fix it but it's clearly not ready - outside of a PC perhaps though the bugs are there too.

Caporegime
Genuine question, what do you expect from weak old hardware from 2013?

Well that is sort of the point. If the developers simply cannot get it running at more than 20fps without it hitching and stuttering, then it just should not be released (whether they want the money or not).

Soldato
Well that is sort of the point. If the developers simply cannot get it running at more than 20fps without it hitching and stuttering, then it just should not be released (whether they want the money or not).
I mean, this is where I’m at. If the last gen consoles performed so bad, it should have just been scrapped. And next gen only. Yes they would have lost out on money..but they’re still losing out via refunds anyway :/

Soldato
Plays and feels like an 8 year old game as well, the impression I got after playing for a couple of hours was 'dated'. They should have spent more time on things that matter rather than giving options to make your **** bigger. Who actually wants that? Anyone?

Forgetting the graphics what's the gameplay offering? The shooting feels spongy and off, the movement is more like Fallout 4 than something smooth, the stealth mechanics are janky.

That's the biggest worry for me now, if the core mechanics of the game feel too out dated is there really any saving it?

Gonna sound stupid but I had the too much to do issue with The Witcher 3 and just walked away from it, that had poor performance on release also (not to this scale though)

Soldato
Anyone on series x , quality or performance?

Im on quality mode at the moment and its ok, only at the start, noticed some pop in textures, nothing major yet. Shame the HDR is broken.

Soldato
Whilst I do agree with the “you can’t please everyone” sentiment in general, it’s the lack of transparency and dishonesty in this case that’s particularly jarring. Waiting is the obvious solution now, but CDPR’s behaviour shouldn’t be excused IMO.
Yeah true but they did admit they was struggling with the console versions on the older consoles and that was the main reason they delayed again wasn’t it ?

Soldato
I think they should be slammed for it. I'm playing on pc so far no bugs and enjoying it.

That being said if I could only play this on PS4/Xbox one id be requesting a refund too.

It's clear they just cannot run it with the ambition the dev wants.

They knew that hence why all footage prior to release was PC. That's disgusting behaviour from them as well.

They seem to be getting away with it due to there history with Witcher series.

Personally it looks clear to me they rushed this out on last gen consols as they were scared to delay and own up they messed them up.

They may be old hardware wise but plenty other games looking stunning and run fine e.g. horizon zero dawn, last of us 2, spider man, GTA V, red dead 2 etc

As mentioned Dev over promised when it comes to original consol and massively under delivered

Soldato
Put in a good 10+ hours yesterday - loving it! Sure it doesn't look incredible, hell, the Witcher 3 looks better in many aspects imo - but the game really is immersive and pulls you into the story.

Had three crashes along the way, but a reboot of the PS4 Pro sorted that out - also had a few instances of people popping into view from nowhere; there was also a funny moment when you go to V's home the first time, a couple of women were talkign about a gate being broken, just as another AI ghosted right through it :D

Considering just how much they appear to have crammed into this game, I'm happy to live with the graphics not being amazing all the time - it's been a really enjoable experience so far!

Soldato
They knew that hence why all footage prior to release was PC. That's disgusting behaviour from them as well.

Honestly, who in this day and age, still things all the previews aren't running on a top-end PC? You'd have to be a fool to think that what you were seeing was console footage - if they put PC footage up marked as "running on PS4" then that's a different story. But I learnt from Watchdogs, not to get your hopes up with how the finished console product will be.

Soldato
Anyone on series x , quality or performance?

Im on quality mode at the moment and its ok, only at the start, noticed some pop in textures, nothing major yet. Shame the HDR is broken.

Same, I'm going to try performance later, from what I've seen online I think the frame rate will make more of a difference than a few shadows etc.

Which I'll be honest when looking at online I couldn't really tell until they were pointed out... Dodgy old man eyes.

Soldato
Honestly, who in this day and age, still things all the previews aren't running on a top-end PC? You'd have to be a fool to think that what you were seeing was console footage - if they put PC footage up marked as "running on PS4" then that's a different story. But I learnt from Watchdogs, not to get your hopes up with how the finished console product will be.

I agree and people need to learn, but CDPR have gone out of their way to hide this, not giving out review codes for console, console footage embargoes and taking down any footage that made it online.

They know they've messed up, but will ride out the Twitter storm for a week or so and laugh all the way to the bank.

Hopefully people will take note for the next big game and take it with a pinch of salt.

Soldato
If you remove all the BS and chatter, and just played Cyberpunk not knowing a thing and never having heard of it what would you think?

I'd say it's a good game, great style and audio but some dodgy textures and resolution issues, pretty buggy too.

Some dated mechanics but some interesting ideas. A cool story and a big open world to explore, too many willies.

Basically it's a game, you may or may not like it, but it's just a game not the second coming like some seem to have hoped, ala NMS all over again.

Back
Top Bottom