Cycle RAGE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was more than half way across when he decides that he doesn't want to stop coming from my left-hand side
no indication he hadn't seen you ? I've definitely noticed better overtaking/roundabout behaviour since going fluo orange ... few orange cars
44229248230_feba480b69_z_d.jpg

Associate
I was wearing a bright white/red cycling top. I had time to look over at the driver and he was giving me a "yeah, what are you going to do about it?" style of look...

Soldato
I other news - Cyclist RAGE!!!!
She ruled that Ms Brushett “must clearly have equal responsibility if she is crossing the road without looking” but added: “Cyclists must be prepared at all times for people to behave in unexpected ways.”
was the pose at the pavement edge ?

Soldato
OP
I'd forgot about this, but a brief update. It turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. Explains why he looked so shocked after he saw who was driving. Anyway, all resolved now. We'll, I say that, but the guy with the same car as me is still diving around like a maniac, as I passed him the other day.

I'd forgot about this, but a brief update. It turned out to be a case of mistaken identity. Explains why he looked so shocked after he saw who was driving. Anyway, all resolved now. We'll, I say that, but the guy with the same car as me is still diving around like a maniac, as I passed him the other day.

So has cyclist admitted liability then, and is he fixing the damage?

Soldato
OP
I ended up ordering the parts and fixing it myself, because I use the car on a regular basis. He has since paid for the repair.

Soldato
So the vigilante tosspot was in the wrong? Hopefully he learns from this, I'm sure he wont, but hopefully.

Man of Honour
So the vigilante tosspot was in the wrong? Hopefully he learns from this, I'm sure he wont, but hopefully.
I'm not sure this qualifies as a "vigilante tosspot" scenario, does it?

Cyclist is cut up or whatever, is justifiably annoyed, mistakes the OP for the aggressor and therefore has a go at him. Yes he mistook the OP for somebody else, but that does not make him a "vigilante tosspot"

Soldato
Cyclist is cut up or whatever, is justifiably annoyed, mistakes the OP for the aggressor and therefore has a go at him. Yes he mistook the OP for somebody else, but that does not make him a "vigilante tosspot"

Seeking "justice" outside of the rule of law by damaging somebody elses property, feels like it would qualify to me?

Even if OP was the driver that caused the issue it doesn't justify smashing his wing mirror.

I can appreciate how it would happen, heat of the moment etc, but that doesn't make it ok.

Soldato
I'm not sure this qualifies as a "vigilante tosspot" scenario, does it?

Damaging another road user’s vehicle certainly makes him a vandal. Unless the cyclist has a warrant card, he doesn’t get to enforce the Highway Code or dispense summary justice upon those he feels have transgressed.

Man of Honour
It's not really anything to do with enforcing the highway code. It's about your natural sense of self preservation. Cutting up a vulnerable road user or pedestrian has potentially far more serious implications than doing it to a car (eg death)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom