Cycle RAGE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Interestingly taken from a UK cycling forum, "A bicycle is a vehicle according to the UN's 1968 Vienna Convention on Road Traffic. The UK is a signatory of this convention". Based on that, does it mean there should be some sort of VED, even if it is £0.00, the same as electric vehicles? would have course mean registering them and declaring SORN when not in use, I guess that would then make insurance compulsory requirement and add stupid amounts of bureaucracy to the entire system in turn increasing admin work and associated costs which would be passed on to those that have to pay. I wonder also if there should be a £55 first registration fee!?

I would happily apply for my £0 a year cycle tax while applying for my car tax while increasing the admin costs for such a futile exercise.
For insurance I would gladly not pay my £50 a year cycle insurance I pay alongside my car insurance and pay it to a separate company.
I could then have documents so that when an idiot claims I shouldn't be on the road because I don't pay road tax or insurance I can show them my documents and tell them to STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom