1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycle RAGE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by tek81, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Nasher

Capodecina

That's the thing. Given the choice between wiping out a cyclist and going head on with another car, most people will swerve towards the cyclist. It's the natural reaction.

2. shauncr91

Capodecina

I hope you got his reg plate.

Hang on...

3. shauncr91

Capodecina

Makes sense to go for the lesser beings.

4. Nasher

Capodecina

That and well...you're not going to come out of it badly yourself if you hit a cyclist :p

Sucks for the cyclist I guess, but he knew the risks.

5. Malt_Vinegar

Underboss

Then it must be a clear case of mistaken identity, or he was an actual nutter.

6. fastwunz

Mobster

Fair enough

7. Calm

Gangster

Surely the lesser being, is the idiot who doesn't know how to overtake properly!

8. bainbridge

Mobster

If the cyclist came alongside you most likely passed him at some point. Maybe he thought you were too close, but I agree with others that nothing excuses vandalizing someone's car.

Let motors see the footage!

9. NVP

Mobster

Your mistress ain't married is she?

10. Amp34

Caporegime

He’s an idiot for doing what he did, but the fact you didn’t notice him until he pulled up beside you AND you have no idea what you did is probably an indication of what you may have done...

Going to make an assumption and say you probably pulled out in front of him/nearly knocked him off because you didn’t look hard enough, or you went past him without giving him any space.

“Easily” done, which is why when you’re on a bike you assume everyone in a car is blind and aiming to kill you...

Which is why more and more cities are restricting car use in central locations. Less pollution and safer for other road users.

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Most of my driving at the moment is rural(ish) lot of the roads I just don't think it makes sense to be there as a cyclist these days - though some of the roads I cycled many many years ago.

12. Bear

Capodecina

That doesn’t sound that the roads are too busy but drivers making poor judgements and driving without due care or attention. These are the sort of drivers that are a danger to other road users and should be banned.

13. Shadowness

Mobster

Jesus christ I hope some of you don't drive anywhere near me.

Idiots.

14. shauncr91

Capodecina

Bloody hell someone hasn't had their morning coffee yet. Learn to read an obvious joke.

Idiot.

15. Shadowness

Mobster

Well the trouble is too many people in cars have the sad opinion you joked about. Hence not being surprised comments like that appear.

16. Skillmister

Capodecina

I nearly get killed pretty much every time I go out on the bike it feels despite purposefully going out when the roads are quiet.

7am the other morning on a road wide enough for 3 cars and no oncoming traffic and a car passed at 40+ (in a 30 - i was doing 25)with their wing mirror less than 6 inches from me. If I'd have caught up with them at the next lights I'd probably have done the same..

OP likely nearly wiped them out without even realising

17. tek81

Wise Guy

I couldn't have possibly nearly wiped him out. I was on a straight, 20mph village road. I saw him speed up behind me, screaming like a maniac and then come along side me when I stopped to give way at a mini roundabout. Anyway, the police are ringing me later today to take more details. The guy was totally unhinged.

18. Nasher

Capodecina

You'll have to hand over the whole memory card and NOT upload it to the internet if they are going to use any footage as evidence.

19. azazl187

Wise Guy

Totally put of order to kick your wingmirror off. Im sorry to say that if I was in my car with my wife and kids I would most likely pull him over and smash something off his bike.

20. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

Time to go Full John Wick on the Lycra Loonie.