Cycle RAGE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was on a straight, 20mph village road. I saw him speed up behind me
you have not confirmed yet .. that was the first time you saw him , and had not previously overtaken him ?

Roads are getting too busy to share with cycles - just in the last few days in one incident I came around a corner to find 2 cars overtaking a cyclist just before a blind bend the second car nearly took out the cyclist avoiding me and another one on a dual carriageway saw a car going the other way pull out into someone about to overtake them to avoid a cyclist with the two cars making contact and the cyclist deciding to head onto the verge in precaution which resulted in them stumbling over on the rough ground.
you don't have a dashcam yourself then, to submit such footage, to the police ?
(... are there stats that show if there are genuinely many prosecutions/accidents for which dash-cam footage is facilitative )

Soldato
OP
you have not confirmed yet .. that was the first time you saw him , and had not previously overtaken him ?

you don't have a dashcam yourself then, to submit such footage, to the police ?
(... are there stats that show if there are genuinely many prosecutions/accidents for which dash-cam footage is facilitative )

Nope, at no point did I overtake him. Of that, I'm 100% certain. The first time I saw him was when I heard him screaming abuse at me and saw him behind the car.

Soldato
Come on, show us the video, you know you want to.

3 days worth of lead up should be enough to judge if you annoyed him first.

Soldato
OP
Come on, show us the video, you know you want to.

3 days worth of lead up should be enough to judge if you annoyed him first.

That'll be determined this afternoon when the police let me know what the security cam footage shows. I can't post anything from my own cam, because they want the card from it.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
A couple of years ago I was cycling into London and had an A4 overtake me so close that he clipped my elbow with his door mirror. That resulted in us “having words” at the next junction.
Have to say that when instead of apologising, he hurled abuse at me for having the affrontory to cycle in a cycle super highway lane, that I nearly threw my bike on his windscreen.

Soldato
I'd consider myself more motorist than cyclist but it does boil your **** somewhat when you nearly get wiped out for the sake of someone giving you a few seconds. More recently it is the close pass on a completely clear road that I've started noticing, almost like it is too much effort to put in 10 degrees of steering input so you are getting passed with only a foot to spare!

The massive surge in adrenaline caused by a near miss on top of what is already going through your body when your pulse is more than double its normal rate unfortunately causes perfectly normal people to go full psycho in that instance.

Soldato
One thing I've noticed on my commute there seems to be this trend of cycling on the busy roads instead of the cycle lanes running right next to them. I guess some people are just looking for an argument. Probably on roids or something.

Caporegime
A couple of years ago I was cycling into London and had an A4 overtake me so close that he clipped my elbow with his door mirror. That resulted in us “having words” at the next junction.
Have to say that when instead of apologising, he hurled abuse at me for having the affrontory to cycle in a cycle super highway lane, that I nearly threw my bike on his windscreen.

Had one years ago - mentioned it on here before. Stupid old bint pulled out of a junction and side-swiped me. I managed to catch up with her at a set of lights where another driver had stopped her and she was completely oblivious to what she'd done.

Soldato
OP
Just to add to this, I'm a cyclist myself and have been for going on 20 years. I've had my fair share of close calls, but at no point ever have I been so enraged that I'd attack a persons vehicle. I'll post up an image of the road I was on once I get back from talking to the police.

Soldato
One thing I've noticed on my commute there seems to be this trend of cycling on the busy roads instead of the cycle lanes running right next to them. I guess some people are just looking for an argument. Probably on roids or something.
Cycle lanes.. Where all the glass and other debris gets left. Or the unpredictable ones that just end for no reason. Or round my way they are often on the double width pavements passing driveways and crossing road junctions. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom