Cyptolambo 2 is dead.... kindai goes car shawping

OcUK Staff
After been sat with @kindai on the McLaren test drives and the smile on his face and the giggles I’ll be shocked if it’s not a 570S to be honest and at under 100k I don’t think there is anything better. Simply a true supercar and my second guess is R8, whatever it is am looking forward to some drives out and maybe a European tour.

Man of Honour
R8 has a masterpiece of an engine that kills any McLaren for event, but not as fast or as dynamic as a 570s, though still a superb car.

Neither is a wrong choice just depends where your head is I think. I loved the 570s but not enough to buy one.

OcUK Staff
R8 has a masterpiece of an engine that kills any McLaren for event, but not as fast or as dynamic as a 570s, though still a superb car.

Neither is a wrong choice just depends where your head is I think. I loved the 570s but not enough to buy one.

Yeah the V10 is one of the best but I always disliked the R8, particular the newer R8 v10 S-Tronic models at anything under 100mph they were not engaging at all, exact same issue as Huracan as well as a car to enjoy on the road as in driving it you need to be going at rather illegal speeds to get the enjoyment. Why for me the Gen1 manuals add a further element of involvement and the V8 is no rocket ship so you can really give it some and enjoy it and not have to do big speeds.

Audi do seem aware of this as the very latest R8’s and Huracan variants went RWD with shorter ratios to try and add some more fun in at lower speeds, not sure how effective on R8 but the Huracan EVO RWD I drove was a lot more engaging than earlier models but still saying this a 458 absolutely eats them alive on this been so engaging at lower speeds but still as capable at speed too.

Not had enough seat time in a 570S but my 600 LT though not as engaging as 458 at low speeds it is more fun than a Huracan but for me the McLaren trumps them all in steering feel and actually feeling like a true pedigree supercar it’s essentially a big Lotus and I love a high revving 9000rpk NA engine but the 600 is no disappoint but having a Spider and exhaust behind your head helps a lot. :D

I feel with 600 LT Spider I’ve got nowhere to go now, I’m not fond of super series how they drive but will try a 750S as supposedly it is more engaging than a 720S but shall see and other brands have nothing to offer now so might just end up stuck with 600 LT for sometime not a big issue anyway. :D

Back
Top Bottom