Damaged new car! Opinions please

I've said a few times on here that theres a local bodyshop who repairs unregistered Audi's. It's more common than you think.
been going on for long time i remeber the first mondeos coming out , at the time i had a contract to take water leak detection and rectification for local ford dealer. old guy brings his new mondeo in with water pouring into the rear like a swimming pool. didnt take long to realise it had had both quarters and a cr*p load of other repairs. manager ran the vin and apparently it had been delivered to another branch and fell off the transporter, they were going to claim it on the insurance but a salesman offered to buy it as is unregistered.... he sent it to a bodyshop for a cheap repair and got one of his trade mates to flog it on his forecourt as slightly up on mileage ex demo, but still with balance of warranty on it.

old guy gets his money back in full from forecourt dealer, salesman gets the push .....car went to the auction :(

First of all, thank you all for the replies. There’s lots of info/advice on here which is really appreciated. I have shown him some of the comments on here in the hopes that he will at least think about the situation and what it would mean to accept this car once fixed vs requesting a new car.

I believe he is paying this through a car loan company and I did mention that it might be worth giving them a call to inform them of the situation.

Honestly, I don’t think he’s even asked to see photos of the damage. I’m a bit worried that he’s just accepted/agreed to whatever the company have said to him on the phone.

In the end, he will be the one that makes the decision. If he still wants to take the car, then he does. I just don’t want it to come back and bite him on the bum in the future if he would have to pay to fix issues that wouldn’t have been there before.

I will post an update with the outcome when it comes to it.

Thanks again to you all

I'm guessing your cousin is just desperate to take delivery of the car. Potentially been waiting a while or the car is exactly what they want.

Need to make a judgement call. I'd want to get money knocked off at the very least although I know a lot of people don't like making a fuss.

It wont have a category on it for one of two reasons it probably doesn't have vehicle insurance on it yet secondly even if it did have vehicle insurance and they decide to repair it itdoesn't have a category. A category is only applied to a vehicle if it gets written off ie claimant is given fully pay out for vehicle. Lots of excrement being thrown about in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom