Damn Joy Riders

Soldato
Ford Fiesta are easy to do aswell. Mk4 version was the one I saw it done to, I managed to lock the keys in the car,(hire car) Got out local recovery and they managed it but without bending it.

One way to tell a car is hotwired, thje windscreen wipers go like the clappers and you cant stop them. Not that that helps person could have bugs on screen and be clearing it lol

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
One way to tell a car is hotwired, thje windscreen wipers go like the clappers and you cant stop them.

What a load of tosh.

When a car is hotwired (correctly) it simply means that the ignition switch has been bypassed. It is no different to actually turning the key.

If the wipers are 'going like the clappers with no way to stop them' then the scumbag has grounded the wrong wires.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have ordered a Disklok to fit on it when stationary, should deter them breaking in in future.

Just gotta find a new door now, this one is toast, upright is more S shaped than I shaped now.

Soldato
Brislington, not far from the Police Station!

To open the door, you use a coathanger between the window and the seal, hook on end, pull the door lock up. Takes 5 seconds and zero damage.
Thieving scum! :(

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever lose my keys! I did manage to lock my keys inside one, luckily a friend of mine tried his keys from his 205 and they worked! :eek: :D

There is a Pug breakers in Brislington, it's very near the shopping centre thing which has halfords, allied carpets and an ocuk competitor! ;)

I think GTI's use slightly different doors due to the body kit....

Soldato
OP
Yes I know the place, they arent great, I will use them as a last resort. Last time took the guy 4 weeks to remove a window regulator for me!

Have purchased a Disklok now as a visual deterrent most twocers say they wont even go near a car with one fitted as they are too much hassle. (quote from Scoobynet)

Soldato
I've never needed anything from that place in Brislington apart from something silly like a brake fliud res cap.

I guess a Disklok is better than nothing, I think I may get one myself, or if I've got even more spare cash a removable steering wheel.

I think there are some proper decent scrappy's near shepton mallet if you don't mind a bit of a drive.

Last time I was there, there were a few 205's, and a load of 306's (if you want some upgraded brakes), and I think there may have even been a GTI or two... I don't remember the name, but I'm sure they'll be in the yellow pages. :)

Soldato
It goes to show the brain capacity of the average car thief.

Some muppet tried to hotwire my old Astra that's waiting to go to the scrappers.

They made a mess of the door to get it - It was unlocked.

The broke the ignition barrel thinking they could hotwire it despite 3 stickers informing them it had a Clifford Alarm.

The icing on the cake would have been when then couldn't get it started, They popped the bonnet to jump start it only to find there's no engine.

I'm kicking myself for not having CCTV just for the lol's

ROFL :D

Soldato
I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever lose my keys! I did manage to lock my keys inside one, luckily a friend of mine tried his keys from his 205 and they worked! :eek: :D

I did that before I got me a spare key cut :( you think it's impossible to lock the keys in the car cos you can't lock the drivers door with the door open, then I go and prove myself wrong by getting in the passengers side to do something and forgetting :o coathanger did the job for me.

Man of Honour
Door is the same on all models but is riveted on the GTI to allow you to hang the body moulding. 309 door is also the same, with a different plastic moulding.

Finding a tidy white GTI door shouldn't be too hard :)

Soldato
OP
Well they tried again last night, even with the new Disklok fitted, these guys are seriously stupid!

Now I have fitted multiple cctv cameras covering the area and a 500gb DVR recorder!

Door is proper ****ed now

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom