Soldato
OP
This has been dead in the water for some time now! But finally bit the bullet and copped a B grade monoblock for the Z690 ROG Strix itx board! Should be here tomorrow so will install along with the contact frame to see temp differences. Maybe i can finally keep the 5.1ghz overclock at under 100c during cinebench!

Also due a coolant change so will be replacing the EKWB blue pastel with some normal old fashioned deionised water. Flushing process is gonna be an absolute pain in the arse!

VMf3IPz.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Great thread, watching how this turns out with interest!
Got shipping notif today so should have it by tomorrow. Just need to nip out later to grab some Distilled water to flush out the radiator, clean the gpu block in preparation for tomorrow.

I have an adapter somewhere where i can adapt the garden hose to an inlet on the radiator so should make flushing super easy!

Soldato
OP
After this i'll be getting a new psu.

Waiting for the Asus Loki 1000w SFX-L psu's to come in stock. The Corsair SFX 750 plat is such a noisy boy when gaming, that little fan inside the psu is the loudest part of the whole system and has been bugging me for some time.

Soldato
OP
Started the clean out and rebuild with block installation last night. Up till 2am and still got the Big radiator to flush and clean but we're mostly there! Lots of rewire and tidying to do yet.

Soldato
i like what your doing, but i am very confused.. its so small but with the rad its massive.
i feel a smaller total systems could have been done with MATX, and temps would have been same

Soldato
IMG-2318.jpg

i love the floor protectors.. socks on the legs

Soldato
OP
i like what your doing, but i am very confused.. its so small but with the rad its massive.
i feel a smaller total systems could have been done with MATX, and temps would have been same
My desk is abit cramped now due to all the monitors i have on it. I have enough space for a really small system to sit on the corner of my desk and the Big radiator i can just about squeeze at the back of my desk behind the monitors. A matx system wouldn't fit, i had a full atx case before but i had 2 less monitors back then.

The plan is to eventually hang the radiator underneath the desk so i can free up some more space while still having maximum cooling and quietness. The biggest let down right now is the psu fan which im planning to swap out for a SFX-L psu with a 120mm fan.

i love the floor protectors.. socks on the legs

Haha! The wife loves these little qwerks, she bought a bunch of stuff from Japan when we last visited.

Soldato
OP
The new block is installed and complete! Everything flushed and im now using clear coolant! The EK pastel colours left abit of a mark on my gpu block, almost like calcifying residues on the acrylic top and has marked the nickel plating as well. Got rid of most of it but its still evident unfortunately.

The block monoblock is awesome, really looks the part! Will post some pics later once i've cleared up my desk abit!

Back
Top Bottom