Dark Matter 2024 (Apple TV+)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
It seems to be opening up now..... the end of SO3 seemed to reflect lots of parral world travelling....

What could possibly go wrong?

(I would kill off Rich me, sell everything then live of a Island until the next me who managed to escape killing me finds me and kills me off for trying to kill me off)

Caporegime
A very strong episode 4 so i t's gotta be a 10/10 for that ep

Anyone who was starting to give up at ep 2 should give ep 3 and 4 a chance.

A quick google suggests its a 9 ep series

Last edited:
Man of Honour
To be honest skipped through large amounts of episodes 1 and 2 so far, will give 3 and 4 a chance but the drama side of it isn't for me, too predictable.

Soldato
Watched 2 episodes last night. Quite enjoyed it, it's giving Constellation vibes but more interesting.

Obviously this is a show that requires some suspension of belief but I think if this was 'real' and a different version of my partner shown up, I'd be able to work out it isn't quite 'them' (or your them) after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Obviously this is a show that requires some suspension of belief but I think if this was 'real' and a different version of my partner shown up, I'd be able to work out it isn't quite 'them' (or your them) after a few minutes.
most people can't even tell when their partner has cheated or is hiding something.
You'd believe what your eyes are telling you.
are you feeling alright dear? is probably the most you'd ask

anyway first 2 are the worst 2, almost a drama series

Last edited:
Soldato
most people can't even tell when their partner has cheated or is hiding something.
You'd believe what your eyes are telling you.
are you feeling alright dear? is probably the most you'd ask

anyway first 2 are the worst 2, almost a drama series

The two guys are supposed to have forked 15 years ago. So there's going to be plenty in those 15 years, little obscure things, that if you were talking and they had no recollection of the events you'd either think something is up or they're having early onset dementia.

Looking forward to watching another 2 tonight.

Man of Honour
Yeah it is a touch unbelievable with 15 years of their relationship missing it wasn't sending up major red flags.

I've really struggled with it so far, interesting idea and some bits of episode 4 are really good but the drama side of it really isn't my thing.

Soldato
Enjoying it but..
I suppose when in the box in superposition, the visual cue is the infinite corridor with infinite doors but that is then nullified if any door can be then used as a multiverse conduit based on thought when going through it?

More obviously, how can the box exist in a multiverse where the technology was never invented?

Actually, the more you think on it, the sillier it is. I really crave hard science shows where the suspense of disbelief is at least tangible.

Last edited:
Caporegime
On Apple TV+ I loved Severance, Monarch, Silo and Ted Lasso. I disliked For all Mankind, Constellation, Invasion and Foundation.

Should I watch this show?

rp2000

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
On Apple TV+ I loved Severance, Monarch, Silo and Ted Lasso. I disliked For all Mankind, Constellation, Invasion and Foundation.

Should I watch this show?

rp2000
Probably not then. The plot is something unique but it shot in pretty much the same way.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
It's not bad, pretty decent representation of the book.

That's good to hear. Its been done pretty well but some dumb decisions sometimes to heighten the drama. Do you reckon this will stretch to multiple seasons or is the original material a once off story??

Last edited:
Soldato
That's good to hear. Its been done pretty well but some dumb decisions sometimes to heighten the drama. Do you reckon this will stretch to multiple seasons or is the original material a once off story??
I reckon a one off story. But I guess if it does well enough, they'll find a way to make more of it :p The whole multiverse thing makes it easy to do.

Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom