Dark Phoenix (2019)

Soldato
After the car crash of DOFP and the snore inducing Apocalypse, I don't have any hope for this.

Such a shame because as i've mentioned in a few other threads over the years, First Class really revitalised the X-Men franchise for me and I had high hopes.

Soldato
After the car crash of DOFP and the snore inducing Apocalypse, I don't have any hope for this.

Such a shame because as i've mentioned in a few other threads over the years, First Class really revitalised the X-Men franchise for me and I had high hopes.

yeah this, they are increasingly crap the newer they are.

Soldato

Agreed. Real shame Vaughn left to do Kingsman.

Caporegime
Meh.

Although it was done horribly in 'Last Stand' - Why go over it again when i'm sure there's many 100's of other storylines they could have put on film?

Also Apocalypse was naff, and based on her actual previous appearance (#Captainmarvel) I'm not sure about Sophie Turner as Jean Grey.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of Sophie Turner, I think she's a pretty dreadful actor. They also had to do reshoots for this after a supposedly terrible reception from a test screening, so I don't hold high hopes for it.

Soldato
I'm not a fan of Sophie Turner, I think she's a pretty dreadful actor. They also had to do reshoots for this after a supposedly terrible reception from a test screening, so I don't hold high hopes for it.

Re-shoots seem to be utterly standard for big box office films these days. I would be surprised if there was a $150m+ blockbuster that didn't contract it's stars for re-shoots from the outset. These films are so complicated with post production work utterly changing the footage you can understand it must be very difficult to nail what you want up front.

Soldato
Re-shoots seem to be utterly standard for big box office films these days. I would be surprised if there was a $150m+ blockbuster that didn't contract it's stars for re-shoots from the outset. These films are so complicated with post production work utterly changing the footage you can understand it must be very difficult to nail what you want up front.
Reshoots for continuity, inserts etc.? Yes. Reshoots following a test screening. Err, no. Not normal.

Associate
More Fassbender Magneto is fine by me...trailer looks like it could be ok (although Cyclops' eyewear looks weird).

Associate
even more questioning is he good/bad/good/bad
I expect we'll see more of that here as he starts bad, realises Dark Phoenix might be a tad too destructive and then helps save the day in the end...and then evils it off into the distance.

Back
Top Bottom