Dark Souls 3?

Soldato
Mine arrived yesterday so I had a play last night and didn't like it. I'm not sure why but I couldn't get used to the controls/combat. It's the first souls game I've played really. I played Bloodborne and loved that but this feels so much different. Also I much preferred the setting of Bloodborne, darker and better atmosphere imo.

I had another go this morning and maybe it will grow on me but I was expecting to be gripped last night and that didn't happen.

Soldato
I put about 2/3 hours in last night, took 3 attempts on the first boss slightly annoying but i was using the xbox streaming to laptop, 3 attempt i used the Tv as normal and much better.

Vordt though i killed first attempt, took about 3 minutes to do which was a surprise, loving it so far and cant wait to get more hours in.

Soldato
Mine arrived today going to install shortly. Totally new to the DS series but is a Thief the wrong choice for my first run? Any specific character I should begin with (because I know the game is brutal!).

Soldato
There's no wrong choice but it will have an effect on how you need to play at the start, personally I'd recommend going Knight.

Soldato
Was cruising through this nicely until the Manky Ent, or whatever it is. Really should upgrade my weapon from base but haven't anything that I have stats for that I really like yet.

Soldato
Is it normal to spend over an hour trying to progress but end up dieing a lot and returning to the original bonfire. Haha. Got my backside handed to me tonight, bonfires to and far between!

Soldato
I managed to get the latest calibrations for the first time on Xbox, but not once did i see a summon sign.

Beat the cursed rotted Greatwood 2nd attempt, it's not that hard, but the tricky bit is hitting the boils i found not locking on helped loads.

Also bought the tower key for 20k souls and collected the items up there, plus the items on the far tower which you have to jump down, one of which is a Estus ring and give extra HP when estus is used.

Made my way through the woods and now onto Farrons keeps, one enemy on the way completely ruins me though, so after a few tries I've left it for later.

Soldato
I played it a little more last night, I can't figure out how to kill the knights properly. Sometimes I'll kill them easily next time I'll get hammered.. not sure what I'm doing right or wrong but they are annoying!

Soldato
Haha don't suppose is some sort of guide for where bonfires are lol, getting ruined 20 mins or so from last bonfire so making the grind awful (rinse and repeat) Need more bonfires!!

Soldato
Not sure why Im putting myself through this after Bloodbourne nearly driving me crazy, but I bought this yesterday. Spent ages trying to get past the first damn boss then went back to and breezed through it, odd.

The bonfires do seem few and far between. Im spending a lot of time treading the same ground. Spent ages getting through loads of people, knights dogs, then walked up to tiny sleeping dude who got up and chucked a bomb at me, dead instantly :eek:. The grind goes on.....

Determined not to give up on this as quick as I did with Bloodbourne though.

Think ill finish off Division, really enjoying that, then have another stab at this.

Soldato
I thought bonfires were more numerous and easier to find than previous games, I'm only just past the great wood though. He was much easier once I realised there was more than one place to hit him!

Back
Top Bottom