Dark Souls 3

Associate
I picked up my copy in a bundle with the steam controller. I'm not too practiced at using a controller (K&M 4 life!) so I'm fat fingering the controls like hell. I can see how it'll be better once I've got the hang of it though.

The extra triggers will definitely come in handy at least but at the moment I keep accidentally hitting them during heavy combat and wasting estus (got my underside triggers mapped to estus and dodge).

A tip, and something I'm going to try - map one of the buttons to forward/attack together to make kicks easier.

Permabanned
Well loving this game so far, level 34 and now facing the Abyss Watchers seems like quite a hard boss.

Any suggestions?

Yeah most consider it to be the first 'proper' boss in the game. Certainly very tricky. First phase is quite simple really. Dodge and swipe until the first watcher spawns then just kite them around the outside of the arena until they agro each other. Sit and watch, estus up if you need to. Hopefully the clone will get a combo or two on the main boss saving you the hassle. Just rinse and repeat that until his second phase.

Then it's all down to observation and timing. Almost entirely pointless using your shield at this point. If you've taken on any of the hunters in Bloodborne, it's very similair. Commit his patterns to memory and don't get greedy. Manage your stamina well and just be patient.

Cracking boss. One of my favourites in this game.

Soldato
Well loving this game so far, level 34 and now facing the Abyss Watchers seems like quite a hard boss.

Any suggestions?

I did this
i found myself struggling with the 2nd phase, the first is easy as you can make them fight eachother if need be for a nice distraction while u focus on the main one.

I found with the 2nd stage to just not bother with a shield, dodge and 2 hand hit to stagger him and stop his attacks

Good luck, the music for this fight is amazing

Soldato
I did this
i found myself struggling with the 2nd phase, the first is easy as you can make them fight eachother if need be for a nice distraction while u focus on the main one.

I found with the 2nd stage to just not bother with a shield, dodge and 2 hand hit to stagger him and stop his attacks

Good luck, the music for this fight is amazing

Agree with this strategy. It was an awesome fight. I'm finding that unless you have a tonne of poise, shielding against stronger enemies isn't worth it.

Last night, started the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, but not even made it to the second bonfire in the town, those mobs are VERY powerful and pretty much 2 hit me (again, I've only got like 11 vigor).

The game has certainly stepped it up a notch.

Soldato
What's the sign? Does PC get the offline mode like with bloodborne on ps4 and presumably the souls titles?

Your summon sign. Ofc it means you will probably get summoned yourself (unless you place it in nice hidey areas) Dunno about Bloodborne as dont have a PS4 but as ever i live in hope that one day it will come to PC.

Soldato
ok, so ONLY do this if you dont mind being hated..... 1 on 1 you never lose, unless you make a mistake or get impatient

The running r1 attack stops healing as well :)

2 on 1 I have not being able to beat as yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOUNx387aM

That was hilarious tbh :D Why did none of them try for the backstab? Backstabs less "IN" this year? (i thought the window was bigger for it as well?)

Havent played the last few days - will get cracking on today :D

Soldato
OP
Had my first havelsaurus greatsheild invader last night, he was just 2 hand charging me with it, such an annoying fight and waste of 10 minutes lol

Best way to beat people like that is to use a stance weapon, the R1 during the stance breaks somebodies guard even if their shield had 9999999 stability, and due to the fact the greatshields block hits during the charging attack, you're guaranteed to get a riposte.

I really wish From had made greatshields parryable... Other than straightswords there really is no counter play to them.

I have no idea how people can play these kind of playstyles, I'd get bored after 10 minutes.

Soldato
Best way to beat people like that is to use a stance weapon, the R1 during the stance breaks somebodies guard even if their shield had 9999999 stability, and due to the fact the greatshields block hits during the charging attack, you're guaranteed to get a riposte.

I really wish From had made greatshields parryable... Other than straightswords there really is no counter play to them.

I have no idea how people can play these kind of playstyles, I'd get bored after 10 minutes.

Because people value trolling over actual game content. It's a shame they exist in the community.

Soldato

Had several invaders like this now, other than being time consuming, they are pretty easy to despatch

Associate
for anyone who does co op often with friends instead of hiding your sign like in ds2 etc you can both set a password in your options then only people with the same password can see your summon sign, doesnt work for red signs though i dont think.

Soldato
Sci-fi would be great but tbh I just hope they ditch all of the tedious item descriptions to tell their story...It is 2016!

IT will be interesting to see in their next game how attached they are to their combat. If they do go sci-fi they might have to move a bit more away from the mele-based stuff of this series

Soldato
I'm finding the vast majority of ppl you summon to be a tad unhelpful. Sure they help kill stuff but I remember previous dark souls summoned players would show you secret stuff or items out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom