Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Definitely worth reading a guide for a build, but only for that. A walkthrough would ruin the game!

You normally would only level up either strength or dex, as they are bith your offensive stats. The damage your weapon does is mainly determined by either strength or dex usually... But weapons do have stat requirements as well, for example a sword might level with strength(so the higher your strength, the more damage you do) , but require a minimum of 14 dex for example.

It really is hard to explain these games!

Soldato
I completed the main story the other day, and accidently got the wrong ending. Really annoying. I just wasnt thinking at the end and called the fire keeper!

Towards the end of Ashes of Ariandel now. I think it is really good, but tbh doesn't feel very special if you know what I mean. The area is excellent, the enemies are good. I've faced one boss that I thought was a good addition to the game, but it just feels a bit like it doesn't matter tbh.

Still a very good dlc though, but possibly the weakest Souls dlc to date imo.

Soldato
Just finished Ashes of Ariandel. I liked it. Final boss was good, but very annoying. I died 3 times when the boss was within 1-2 hits of death, when I had 10 estus flasks left....It wasn't hard, it just did an annoying move.

Moving on to The Ringed City now.

I really like the sword/shield combo weapon from Ashes. I am using now, but only as my secondary...I am a quality build, and atm the Black Knight Greatsword is far better

Soldato
Made some real progress with The Ringed City yesterday. It is absolutely excellent.

I was running around for about an hour with 300,000 souls, and no estus looking for a bonfire, and every enemy I came across I somehow managed to kill....and those Ringed Knights can be really tough! I had made too much progress to go back, I had to find a bonfire!
Twice whilst I was looking for a bonfire I was invaded by NPCs and thought that was it, but somehow managed to come through...I was invaded by Alva and he got a good hit on me, and just when I had hardly any health left, someone rated a message I put down and restored my health:D(though for the record he didn't hit me again anyway, I swear!)

Really, really top class this dlc.

Soldato
Are there any recommended mods for this, I know there is an element of online play - does it prevent this?

I've owned the game for ages, just never really played it :)

Soldato
Finished The Ringed City earlier. It is excellent, but like Ashes I thought it was a bit short. The bosses are all brilliant. Only thing I found underwhelming was the narrative, which didnt really have the weight behind it I would have expected form the dlc that wraps up the entire trilogy.

I thought I might go through ng+, but it is really disappointing that nothing at all changes except a few rings... It is one area DS2 was much better. I will still give it a go for a bit though, as now I have all this great gear and nothing to use it on!

Soldato
forget about DS2, it's awful.

That is a bit harsh. It has it's moments. It has the best narrative of the series imo.

Playing DS 3 again, the thing I realised this time was what a bad decision it was to allow travel between bonfires from the start. Bonfires are too close, and shortcuts are pointless most of the time in the game...There is a potentially awesome shortcut for example between Farron Keep and Road of Sacrifices, that would have felt like a great discovery if it wasn't a 30 second dash between bonfires!
Cathedral of The Deep is the only areas where shortcuts really work imo, and that is because there is only one Bonfire.

Soldato
Which is better, DS1 or 3?

If you're not too fussed regarding graphical fidelity, then DS1 in my opinion. I've only played about 2/3's of DS3 though... I like DS1 as the world feels so large and empty. And I mean empty in the sense that it's desolate, oozing with a dark past and you're simply not welcome. It's fantastic.

There are some DS fixes, but I think you only need the screen res one as the MP side of things was sorted.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/...uls/ajax/moddescription/?id=19&preview=&pUp=1

There are no issues with running this whilst playing online as it only changing things like the frames per second and resolution.

I'd also suggest running it at 5k with nvidia's DSR. And you'll need a controller to play, mouse and kb on all 3 ds games is dire.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If you're not too fussed regarding graphical fidelity, then DS1 in my opinion. I've only played about 2/3's of DS3 though... I like DS1 as the world feels so large and empty. And I mean empty in the sense that it's desolate, oozing with a dark past and you're simply not welcome. It's fantastic.
The graphics of DS3 is nothing special anyway. Thanks for the info, if I ever fancy a bit is DS will try the first one. It has been sitting in my steam library for years :p

Back
Top Bottom