Dashcams!

Associate
Is there anything specific to the Nextbase hardwire kit that ties it to a nextbase camera or is it just a micro usb that can be used with other cameras? Interested in hardwiring in the dashcam so i can free up the cigerette lighter for the phone charger...

IC3

IC3

Soldato
What hardwire kits are you all using? Checked eBay, but all fuses insert seem to be larger than mine, I've 'mini' fuses one side down from normal.

Associate
I just hardwired my nextbase dashcam today:

Is there anything specific to the Nextbase hardwire kit that ties it to a nextbase camera or is it just a micro usb that can be used with other cameras? Interested in hardwiring in the dashcam so i can free up the cigerette lighter for the phone charger...

Doesn't seem like anything specific to me, it has nextbase branding on it but there's nothing special. Just the standard fuse piggybacking and earth cable on one end and micro usb on the other.

What hardwire kits are you all using? Checked eBay, but all fuses insert seem to be larger than mine, I've 'mini' fuses one side down from normal.

The nextbase one comes with 2 adapters so you can use it with larger fuses like 20-40amp and the other adapter for 2-15 amp. If that helps.

Soldato
Thinking I'm going to become a dash cam warrior. I've never seen the point in them and believe people drive out the way to try and catch someone doing something making things risky themselves, that is until I read another post on this forum about his missis getting a CCJ with regard to a accident from a 3rd party that wasn't even in the car. This got me thinking!

So what do I need, I like the idea of a "car park sensor", what does £50 get me and what does £100 get me? I want it as small as possible.

Thanks for your help

Soldato
What's the forum favourite these days? I'm getting one for my birthday next week, but I've been told to decide which one. Budget of about £100, but if people really recommend the F770 or a Blackvue, then I'll make up the difference myself. Let's say £250 top for a front camera only.

Underboss
Thinking I'm going to become a dash cam warrior. I've never seen the point in them and believe people drive out the way to try and catch someone doing something making things risky themselves, that is until I read another post on this forum about his missis getting a CCJ with regard to a accident from a 3rd party that wasn't even in the car. This got me thinking!

So what do I need, I like the idea of a "car park sensor", what does £50 get me and what does £100 get me? I want it as small as possible.

Thanks for your help

not sure around those prices, others will be able to help

Underboss
What's the forum favourite these days? I'm getting one for my birthday next week, but I've been told to decide which one. Budget of about £100, but if people really recommend the F770 or a Blackvue, then I'll make up the difference myself. Let's say £250 top for a front camera only.

I have a Thinkware F770, now superseded by the F800
I paid £250 for front and rear, they are possibly less now id imagine

Soldato
Thanks, guys. I've been looking at the F770 and am sort of tied between the F770 and BlackVue counterpart.

Why are the prices between the BlackVue capacities so large?! Surely it's just an SD card, or does the 16GB model only accept up to 16GB? What's stopping me getting the 16GB model and putting a 64GB Lexar card in?

Soldato
Thanks, guys. I've been looking at the F770 and am sort of tied between the F770 and BlackVue counterpart.

Why are the prices between the BlackVue capacities so large?! Surely it's just an SD card, or does the 16GB model only accept up to 16GB? What's stopping me getting the 16GB model and putting a 64GB Lexar card in?

that is just the card it comes with, it'll support up to 128gb

Soldato
I was looking at the Nextbase Duo, but it appears to only allow the cameras to be rotated horizontally, so if i point it slightly down to the bonnet to avoid sky glare the back window camera is going to be looking at the roof....anyone tried one to see if this is what happens?

Underboss
I was looking at the Nextbase Duo, but it appears to only allow the cameras to be rotated horizontally, so if i point it slightly down to the bonnet to avoid sky glare the back window camera is going to be looking at the roof....anyone tried one to see if this is what happens?

i dislike the duo because the camera is not on your back window, its on the front screen looking backwards and its "zoomed" in

Soldato
I also use the 770 and generally very happy with it. I barely even consider it is there these days. Simply plugged in and forgotten about since, which is exactly what I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom