Dashcams!

Man of Honour
Yes, quite . . .

The DashCam thread which people mention so regularly is HERE, it was started more than four years ago, runs to 159 pages and 3161 posts and is doubtless full of people unhelpfully claiming "I don't need a DashCam, I take the bus." and bickering about ones' right to record sound - but whatever :rolleyes:
?

It's actually not, we got chased out of it.

It's your dashcam safe space :p

Soldato
Dashcams are not covered by the ICO CCTV code of conduct.
We can keep this up all day if you like?

You are incorrect, as with most of the "facts" you state here on a daily basis.

Recording of other people's conversations is a general law, not just cctv related...

Man of Honour
Lol yes it is if you don't tell them and if you used it for anything you can be prosecuted. The only exception is if it's in the public interest, which is how journalists etc get away with it.
Roll it back a step there tiger, when did we start adding two "IF" statements to things?

PS "used it for anything" is far too broad a statement, you need to be clear.

Associate
Seems so many cars have dash cams now, I can't help but feel many of them drive slow on purpose to wind people up so they can go 'omg he just overtook me dangerously'.

It may have been discussed previously but is footage captured by dashcam enough to prosecute for speeding/dangerous driving? (ps no I'm not concerned about a specific incident)

Underboss
Seems so many cars have dash cams now, I can't help but feel many of them drive slow on purpose to wind people up so they can go 'omg he just overtook me dangerously'.

It may have been discussed previously but is footage captured by dashcam enough to prosecute for speeding/dangerous driving? (ps no I'm not concerned about a specific incident)
you reminded me of an incident today

i was behind a white van, he was going rather slow, so we got to a 60 bit of road, and he just sat at 40, road opened up so i tried to over take him, when i was nearly along side him, he put his right indicator on and starting moving over in front of me to block me, obviously had to slam my brakes on :/

Soldato

I’ve had my dash cam footage used to prosecute, it was the only form of evidence and it was successful. Think they got 6points for due care and attention.

Associate
I'm my opinion and experience, dashcams are a waste of time.. I was driving out of a supermarket and got hit by another car, they were half way over my side of the road and knocked my wing mirror off plus caused a minor scrape up the side of my car at the time.

The driver in question kept on driving and never stopped but we had footage of the accident and his reg plate.

I went home and reported it, took the footage to police, went to court and he got away with it! They even played the footage in court and used still images of the drivers face (he had his window down so it was quite clear).

They never even gave a reason as to why he got away with it, however it probably didn't help that it took the police a few weeks to even book me in for an appointment to hand over the footage?

Soldato
I'm my opinion and experience, dashcams are a waste of time.. I was driving out of a supermarket and got hit by another car, they were half way over my side of the road and knocked my wing mirror off plus caused a minor scrape up the side of my car at the time.

The driver in question kept on driving and never stopped but we had footage of the accident and his reg plate.

I went home and reported it, took the footage to police, went to court and he got away with it! They even played the footage in court and used still images of the drivers face (he had his window down so it was quite clear).

They never even gave a reason as to why he got away with it, however it probably didn't help that it took the police a few weeks to even book me in for an appointment to hand over the footage?

Can you post the footage?

Underboss
Dashcams are not a waste of time, I've given footage to the police, so they know who he was (a regular) who nicked my number plate , and I had a van pull put in front of me, had to use the footage for insurance becuase he was lying about the whole thing , dashcam worked in my favour

Associate
I’ve had my dash cam footage used to prosecute, it was the only form of evidence and it was successful. Think they got 6points for due care and attention.

Haters are always going to hate, had 3 clips in total used for insurance as proof of liability and two of them on parking mode. Basically piad for itself and saved lots of hassle.

Soldato
Haters are always going to hate, had 3 clips in total used for insurance as proof of liability and two of them on parking mode. Basically piad for itself and saved lots of hassle.
Mine was a near head on, they were doing about 60, me about 40. I think they were on their phone and didn’t see a car in front of them waiting to turn so they swerved and only missed me cause I managed to partially go off road so they had room between me and the parked car.

Soldato
I've recently fitted a nextbase 612 to my m3. Has anyone found three is a bit of wobble on videos in cars with firmish suspension? I play to add a bit of Blutac this weekend as well.

Soldato
Looking for a new dashcam, budget around £200 max. Hopefully with wifi and a rear camera if possible, whats the best for that price range?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom