Dashcams!

Soldato
Yes, agree with your statment. I tend to be lawful driver so really i nothing to worry about.
I'd highly recommend one mate. It helped me out when I damaged my wheel on a pot hole and claimed against the council. I've had several near misses too. Only a matter of time before someone hits me. I'd rather peace of mind

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been thinking about a dash cam for a couple of years and with the recent event of both my wing mirrors getting smashed off it's time to get my arse in gear.

I'm looking for front and back camera's with a good parking mode. So far I'm considering the F800 Pro and Q800 Pro and Nextbase 522GW and getting the rear camera. 522GW is far cheaper, about £175 all in, and I like that it has a display and Alexa sounds useful. Q800 is nearly double the cost and F800 about £95 over the Nextbase.

As always I welcome advice and recommendations.

Soldato
If you do get one PLEASE get a battery back up like a Cellink B / neo
and hardwire it in

Those aren't very useful if he leaves the car for days at a time. Better is to have that and a camera that will detect the battery's status and switch off if it's too low. And yes, I too have killed my battery.

Underboss
my work is 10-15 mins away each way
i leave it a full day before going back to work next day, and in that time, I have a Q800 pro, with front and rear camera with a Cellink Neo 9, and that will last 48 hours, my F770 wouldn't last that long, maybe 40 hours

good thing about it, its bluetooth, so connect to your phone, when i get to work and idle till its fully charged, when i come out of work 9 hours later its at 98 - 99% still !

well worth having

Caporegime
I’ve been told by the guy who did my install for the Q800 pro both rear and front. Said that the dashcam itself regulates the voltage to the battery so no need to get a battery pack.

As of 2 weeks now with the Q800 front and rear, I’ve yet to suffer any battery drainage issues.

But I’m very glad I stumped up the extra to get the Q800 dashcam. I got it online for £289 and fitted for free from a mate of mine. Much cheaper than paying £329 for the front and rear cams.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve been told by the guy who did my install for the Q800 pro both rear and front. Said that the dashcam itself regulates the voltage to the battery so no need to get a battery pack.

As of 2 weeks now with the Q800 front and rear, I’ve yet to suffer any battery drainage issues.

But I’m very glad I stumped up the extra to get the Q800 dashcam. I got it online for £289 and fitted for an extra £80 as well. Much cheaper than paying £329 for the front and rear cams.

Where did you buy from? I can only find £320+

Soldato
I'm running front/rear Thinkware F770 cameras - hardwired in with the battery status check. Been installed about 18 months and haven't caused the battery any problems yet.
It happily keeps recording overnight.
If I'm sat in the car and turn the engine off, the cameras will first alert they are continuing to record. If I've got the radio or some music on they usually shut down about 10 minutes later.

Soldato
Ahhh cool found the dash cam thread .

So I heave a budget of around £400 for a 2 channel system . Can’t make my mind up between the Q800 PRO or the Blackvue 750s -I can stretch to the 900 if it’s that much better.

Will need parking protection and battery protection .

‘What one do I go for .

Underboss
Ahhh cool found the dash cam thread .

So I heave a budget of around £400 for a 2 channel system . Can’t make my mind up between the Q800 PRO or the Blackvue 750s -I can stretch to the 900 if it’s that much better.

Will need parking protection and battery protection .

‘What one do I go for .

https://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/thinkware-q800-pro-2ch-dash-camera.html
+
http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_neo6.html
+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074RNRM2B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have the 800 pro and a Cellink Neo 9
cant be happier

Soldato

‘thanks Shi .

Does the Q800 not regulate the volts from the battery and close it down ? Only reason I ask is I’m not sure I’ll need a back up battery , I do a 100 mile a day motorway commute so my battery is in really good condition and topped up all the time . What’s your thoughts ?

Underboss
you should be fine without it then
make sure you set the "cut off" voltage correctly

i had a 770 before, and i had it on lowest setting and as i don't use the car very often, my car battery died overtime (a new one) (think it was 11.4v or something)

as you use it regularly , it should be fine

Back
Top Bottom