Dashcams!

Associate
If set up properly is should not killing batteries unless you want the parking mode on 24/7/365 regardless. Mine is set to 48 hours timer and 12.1Volt for shutdown and not had any issues with the battery on either of our cars. I would be looking as another parasitic drain causing your battery problem.

Caporegime
So last week I managed to nab a 200gb sandisk micro sd card for my thinkware q800 pro. Worked flawlessly until I went to take out as I wanted to look at some footage...only thing is dropped and is somewhere in my car down the passenger car seat where it sits next to the middle console lol.
So £24 gone there, bought another one last night and price gone up by £4 lol.

Anyhow I’ve got to figure out how to get rid of the annoying messages that are shouted out when I start my car in the morning. The one where it tells me I’ve had 10 incidents, which I’m assuming they are motion detected ones.

So far liking the q800 pro dashcam, I went for the 2 channel version which I got for just under £300 and got a mate of mine to fit it in hardwired. So that saved me £100 or so for fitting.

Man of Honour
EDIT: Footage removed

Could have ended badly... not sure if they finally realised or my wild gesturing clued them in but I saw the "oh ****" expression form on their face as they got level with me. Looked like an old lady driving. Hung around to make sure they turned around.

Good thing there wasn't huge arrows on the road telling you which way not to go.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They need reporting to the police ASAP before they kill someone.

Reported it so removed footage above. Though realised after I'd submitted it the time was shorter than they requested before/after :s for some reason I didn't read that bit until after it had started uploading.

Soldato
Reported it so removed footage above. Though realised after I'd submitted it the time was shorter than they requested before/after :s for some reason I didn't read that bit until after it had started uploading.
They will most likely just ask for a longer version if what they see is bad enough to trigger a response.

Soldato
So I’m going to need a dashcam, front and back if it’s not too expensive. I wasn’t going to bother but I only passed my test in February and seen some scary stuff around me.

Friday night I was first in at a red light and the guy behind me (probably after seeing my Plonker plate) pulled around me to run the red light.

Saturday someone hit my parked car, damage is really minor and she knocked on the house to own up but I know the cameras on the trucks at work would have picked that up. If anyone should be dinging my first car it should be me!

My dad recommends his but it’s a cheap Lidl one and it’s awful.

What kind of budget do I need to be setting aside? I can see the packages at Halfords obviously, but worryingly I trust you guys!

Man of Honour
So I’m going to need a dashcam, front and back if it’s not too expensive. I wasn’t going to bother but I only passed my test in February and seen some scary stuff around me.

Friday night I was first in at a red light and the guy behind me (probably after seeing my Plonker plate) pulled around me to run the red light.

Saturday someone hit my parked car, damage is really minor and she knocked on the house to own up but I know the cameras on the trucks at work would have picked that up. If anyone should be dinging my first car it should be me!

My dad recommends his but it’s a cheap Lidl one and it’s awful.

What kind of budget do I need to be setting aside? I can see the packages at Halfords obviously, but worryingly I trust you guys!
Get rid of the P plate for a start anything like that is an invitation for people to do silly stuff as you've seen. They certainly won't buy you any room or extra patience from 99% of drivers.

I'll allow someone else to recommend a cam as I just run a cheap nextbase front cam which is nothing to write home about.

Associate
Any recommendations for a hardwire for a Nextbase 412GW? Thanks!

You mean someone to do it for you or how to do it? Nextbase themselves sell a suitable hardwire kit, you just then either need to wire it up yourself or get someone to do it. You might be hard pushed to find a place to do it given the current climate but even Halfords can do it if you trust them with your car. If you are comfortable messing about yourself check YouTube and someone may have done a neat job of it already for your car's make/model.

Soldato
You mean someone to do it for you or how to do it? Nextbase themselves sell a suitable hardwire kit, you just then either need to wire it up yourself or get someone to do it. You might be hard pushed to find a place to do it given the current climate but even Halfords can do it if you trust them with your car. If you are comfortable messing about yourself check YouTube and someone may have done a neat job of it already for your car's make/model.

Apologies, I meant hardwire kits! I’m happy installing :)

Back
Top Bottom