Dashcams!

Associate
anyone recommend a camera (upto £150) for when a car is parked up, something with impact detection when someone wants to drive off after hitting your car? :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hi All,

My budget Yi camera has packed in / having an issue with my Passat Auto start/stop system. It seems the on battery has packed up and when it powers off its corrupting the SD card.

Could anyone recommend a camera for a budget of around £40-£60 please? Ideally fairly small, with a battery to cover the above :)

Many thanks in advance!

Underboss
Hi All,

My budget Yi camera has packed in / having an issue with my Passat Auto start/stop system. It seems the on battery has packed up and when it powers off its corrupting the SD card.

Could anyone recommend a camera for a budget of around £40-£60 please? Ideally fairly small, with a battery to cover the above :)

Many thanks in advance!

get yourself a battery pack for dashcams first

Cellink B
or
Cellink neo 6 or neo 9

i have the neo 9 and its well worth the money

V_R

V_R

Soldato
So forgive the lazy post but I'm after a hardwired dashcam for my car but I don't have a clue what to get. I want something good, budget it open to suggestions, if it's worth he money I'll consider it.

What are the recommendations?

Underboss

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I have a 12v in the boot so could do rear too, is it recommended?

I like the look of that Blackview, nice and discrete. I don't want some big horrid digital camera looking thing hanging from the windscreen.

Edit, can that be hardwired I take it?

Last edited:
Underboss

I like the look of that Blackview, nice and discrete. I don't want some big horrid digital camera looking thing hanging from the windscreen.

Hi

The Blackvues OR Thinkwares are very good, they can be hardwired into the fuse box
you dont use the 2nd 12v at the back of the car, its all powered from the front camera, and there's a dedicated port for the 2nd camera (the rear)

doing this way is better than buying 2 Front cameras and 2 SD cards etc which also uses more power

Soldato

The rear camera plugs into the front camera for power+data.

You definitely want it hardwired, it is too simple to do to not do it - get these to piggy back (make sure it fits your car):
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H7PFLZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm a huge, massive fan of ThinkWare. 3 cars later and still going strong!

Associate
How big of a difference going from FHD to QHD in terms of dashcam? Video reviews look identical to me or maybe Imjust bad at spotting differences.

Im split between 590X/750X vs the Q800 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom