Dashcams!

Soldato
Thank you. I will look for a dual camera set
I know it is "much more" than the ones you linked but I strongly recommend a Thinkware F770. I've had mine since 11/09/2016 (just checked Amazon) and fitted to 3 different cars. The thing is bullet proof to this day. Videos here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/post-your-dash-cam-footage.18931271/

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Thinkwar...ords=thinkware+dash+cam&qid=1624225387&sr=8-3

No faffing and it has parking protection with battery protect.

Soldato
I'm still using a F770 here without any issue - just works. Nice and easy to get to your footage via your mobile.
If I had one complaint, you cannot put memory cards bigger than 32gb in. So OK, it's still a little while before you start over-writing your footage, but do like the idea of being able to slam in a 128gb and get longer.
Otherwise really cannot moan.
The hardwire kit (as far as I know) is the same as for the newer models, so if I do decide to upgrade I can just swap out and no need to do that bit again. Battery protection built in etc.

Soldato
you can, i had a 400Mb in, but not designed for continuous use and died within its lifespan

I've read about nothing but issues with any card above 32gb - continuous requests to format the card, footage not actually recording, footage after the 32gb point visible on the app, but cannot be downloaded, card simply not being recognised.
Taking all that into consideration and wanting to know that the footage would be there if required, I've stuck to the 32gb card.
Otherwise all well with the thing.

Caporegime
So my old dashcam went with the Focus which in hindsight I should have kept, but now on the lookout for a new one. Looking for something £150 or less, any recommendations?

Man of Honour
You need specific SD cards - ones sold as High Endurance.

Bit annoying that, as a generalisation, older model standard SD cards generally have same endurance specs as the newer high endurance cards and the newer standard SD cards have like 1/10th the endurance stats :( partly due to the changes in NAND type, etc. but partly seems to be an intentional thing.

I have some older Kingston 32GB and 64GB standard SD cards with like double the endurance specs of the latest "High Endurance" cards :(

Associate
anyone experienced their sd cards being eaten by their 512Gw? I've had a couple of cards now that worked for a little while but are now not formatting.

any recommendations for microsd cards?

Underboss
i have a thinkware

from all the reviews I've read over the years between Thinkware and Blackview, Blackview has a better camera for when your moving, but the thinkware have better camera for when your parked
but both are excellent

Back
Top Bottom