Dayz Breaking Point (Arma 3 mod)

Soldato
What server are you playing?

EU9 was home to my clan (15 people atm) until last weeks update when they took it offline :( You're welcome to come join us if you like.

Like you said though, the state of this mod for the people involved is excellent, it'll just keep getting better and better. It's nice when you're on a map and then you realise there is a dev/admin alongside you.

EU4 is home to me. Love first person only rules and tends to be pretty full and has a few active clans ^^ love to join you for a run some time.

Soldato
They released Tanoa on the mod, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. :D

Probably going to break 1000 hours on this mod in the next week or two with the release of Tanoa.

Soldato
Pleasantly surprised to see when i got home last night that they had multiple servers up, some 1st person forced ones as well which I love. All close so capacity to never lacking for something to do.

Really like the addition of ferries to take you from island to island.

Soldato
Bit late to the party but bought this a couple of days ago and trying to get into it - wow, slight learning curve to say the least! Any tips would be appreciated (apart from 'don't die!")

I bought it to basically run Battle Royale mod but annoyingly with other games I'm restricted in servers as I don't have the DLC, particularly Apex.

Enjoying it so far but definitely not one for the casual FPS player!

Soldato
basically either be happy to help people and except people will kill you often or just do as i do kill anything that moves :p

Yea, well only played two rounds of Battle Royale - first I died as going too fast on parachute, second just got shot in the head at first building I tried to loot from.

Tried some random team-based match but wasn't keen as levelling up seemed to give bit of unfair advantage. Still was fun.

Permabanned
sorry for the bump but I was wondering if this mod still has a decent userbase ? how many active servers are there ?

whats the state of the mod nowadays ? any major issues ? I played it maybe 3 years ago and enjoyed it, has it improve since then ?

Associate
A lot of truth, deathlyrage regularly streams the development of it :) exciting but not getting hopes up. Should be great because BP mod was/is still great but the original dayz mod was great but standalone is pants
My problem with the breaking point mod, has always been the crap Arma3 maps, Tanoa looks great but I can't bring myself to buy the DLC for a game I don't play anymore

Soldato
True, but they are mostly arma2 maps with the building not enterable it really breaks the immersion
I agree it does. The one thing standalone did excellent was all the buildings being enterable. I haven't played BP properly for about 8 months now but do get urges to play it. Too many games occupying my attention at the min to get on it though

Last edited:
Soldato
BP is dead, the player base is a joke and you only get a playable amount on a server at weekends. Over 1200 hours on this mod, it will be sorely missed. :(

Been following the standalone closely, don't have high hopes from what i've seen so far.

Soldato
BP is dead, the player base is a joke and you only get a playable amount on a server at weekends. Over 1200 hours on this mod, it will be sorely missed. :(

Been following the standalone closely, don't have high hopes from what i've seen so far.

It was truly great fun! I haven't actually watched any of the development streams so to hear you say you don't have high hopes for it is quite disheartening as i would love for it to have been great. As i said above though a great mod doesn't always translate to a great standalone. Granted i did actually play dayz standalone the other day for a few hours and it was a lot smoother and actually funner than it was at launch. They have certainly made some real strides to getting to what we expected it to be.

Might have to get a weekend on it at some point with a few people to see how it is in a session.

Back
Top Bottom