***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
so is it looking like their intention is that in PVP now you will actively try and get a person to surrender so they can be restrained? This way you can steal all the gear then shoot them in the head?

I dunno it seems counter productive to me. Hes trying to remove the shoot on sight mentality now because theres a real chance you will ruin all the gear your trying to achieve by killing that person. But on the other hand why is a player gonna just surrender when he knows your just gonna kill him anyway once you have got all his undamaged gear.

Will need to see more of it in action before im sold on the idea.

I like the idea of the camera moving to the shoulders when your prone in 3rd person.

Soldato
Just because you won't use a feature doesn't mean other won't, it is about options. Not every person who played DayZ did so just to kill people and run around looting the airfields or camping Cherno with Enfields (no matter how much fun THAT is).

All this feature is is an option for RP and a bit of fun, it adds depth to gameplay, if you don't want to do it that's fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anybody actually think the Standalone will provide a better gameplay experience than some of the DayZ
mods that already exist?
The only thing I see as a major positive would be the non ARMA-style player movement and controls, and the updated graphics of course, but I'd rather play in low and see other players more easily.

Soldato
Does anybody actually think the Standalone will provide a better gameplay experience than some of the DayZ mods that already exist?

Yes almost certainly, just looking at what they have done so far proves that, they are tailoring gameplay towards the experience of a zombie survival game. Not to mention the fact they will have much more control over hackers and exploits. DayZ tried to shoehorn a Zombie Survival game into a military sim, as such it had to deal with the baggage that came along with it and the mechanics it was built around.

Think about all the things that ruin the gameplay experience in DayZ right now, the standalone means they can actually deal with them properly and in some cases flat out remove them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see DayZ as a PvP game with zombies there as an obstacle. Of course others may play it differently, but I'd rather have team fights against players rather than zombies.

The only downside, in my opinion, is the hackers but some Mods are fairly well run, i.e. DayZero - in the 14months I've played that mod I've only come across 3 hackers. If you asked their community if they would switch to standalone once it's released I'm sure the 90% of the players would say no. That's how advanced and reworked that particular mod is.

Soldato
Please stop bumping thread :p. Getting me excited, keep thinking they have announced release date when I see it bumped all the time.

Soldato
yardwood they are totally redoing the zombies.

comparing dayzero and this is a joke tbh.

"Yardwood" :rolleyes:
Have you ever played dayzero and if so, when? A lot of the features in DayZ Standalone already exist in that mod, including reworked zombies.

The real joke is how long the Standalone has been in development and how little progress has been made.

Soldato
Have you ever played dayzero and if so, when? A lot of the features in DayZ Standalone already exist in that mod, including reworked zombies.

The real joke is how long the Standalone has been in development and how little progress has been made.

You can't make a game overnight you know.

Associate
Just because you won't use a feature doesn't mean other won't, it is about options. Not every person who played DayZ did so just to kill people and run around looting the airfields or camping Cherno with Enfields (no matter how much fun THAT is).

All this feature is is an option for RP and a bit of fun, it adds depth to gameplay, if you don't want to do it that's fine.

Spot on.

Associate
I see DayZ as a PvP game with zombies there as an obstacle. Of course others may play it differently, but I'd rather have team fights against players rather than zombies.

The only downside, in my opinion, is the hackers but some Mods are fairly well run, i.e. DayZero - in the 14months I've played that mod I've only come across 3 hackers. If you asked their community if they would switch to standalone once it's released I'm sure the 90% of the players would say no. That's how advanced and reworked that particular mod is.

The mod is always there to play for those that don't like the direction standalone is going.

You say Dayz Is purely pvp for you, this is what Rocket and a lot of us are trying to get away from. I am all for going back to having to earn my gear and the harsher, more survivalist mentality that existed when the mod first came out. As he said he is trying to encourage more trading and interaction between players. Obviously you will still get murderers, that comes with the territory.

Zombies will always be an obstacle, with players being the main threat. They are just trying to add depth to the world.

Caporegime

yes i have played all the mods and maps to death !

also what a lot don't realize is rocket for eg has the permission to use everything now at his disposal some modders for eg steal or use other stuff they arnt even allowed to.

so while one may appear to better it isn't. dayz has basically just copied the standalone inventory and tweaked a few basics. its nothing special its just people get better high fps and yield it as being the savior when its just like any other day mod.

i personally still prefer namalsk on a well run server over all the mods and maps.

standalone will be good well get the fps optimization custom content and loads of other new things . mods will die out once it hits this is what a lot dont under stand. the only reason they are busy is because standalone isnt out !

Associate

DayZ mod was only released in the summer of 2012. Don't know specifics on SA, but its little over a year since the possible minimum start of development. Rocket and the team have redone the engine and a lot of the content from scratch, no easy task. Yet people like you still dont have the alpha (which would have been both rushed and broken if released at the previous stated date) so boo hoo you still have to wait a while.

As for reworked zombies in DayZero, minimal rework id say. They are still broken as hell. Yes the attachment system is good.

I'll be happily supporting the game when its out, im glad they are not rushing it and have proven that they won't rush under pressure from the masses.

Associate
I remember last september, when the devs were saying standalone would be out before 2013, and here we are.

Oh well, I'll probably still buy it even though a lot of the buzz has gone. The mod is too good not to check this out.

Associate
I remember last september, when the devs were saying standalone would be out before 2013, and here we are.

Oh well, I'll probably still buy it even though a lot of the buzz has gone. The mod is too good not to check this out.

Originally they were going to stick the mod and some of the features on to a disc and ship that out.

Now we are getting a whole new standalone DayZ experience with many new features, hence the delays.

Soldato
OP
LITTLE UPDATE:

Deans last tweet on the 28th of September:

“Realize the lack of #DayzDaily updates from me annoys some people. But I’ve taken a break from Forums/Reddit/life for the final lap. Cu soon.”

Now I know people are going to say:

* “He’s missed the mark”
* “There are better mods out there”
* “I’ve lost the feeling for dayz”
* “Meh who cares”
* “Lol – This wont fix the hackers mind”

Everyone has their opinion and respect that. But as I’ve been saying over and over again for me the only reason I stopped playing dayz was because of duping and hacking. Every game has hackers in it, I just hope that he’s been able to at least make a dent in it…..

There are some great mods out for dayz/arma, case in point Epoch. Lets look at this way. It was a community made mod. Imagine what will be added to dayz over the next 12- 24 months when the creator of the vanilla mod will produce with bohemia owning/backing the project.

I for one really want to be apart of it. I’ve no faith in most publishers/developers currently out there, nor is there any really huge game changing game out there. I do feel that Dean & Co will produce something worth spending 20 dollars/pounds for!!

See you survivors soon & remember if your looking for a clan to run with ;) www.TheFallenUnit.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom