US: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Soldato
https://www.facebook.com/CWLegendsofTomorrow trailer may contain spoilers!!

DC's Legends of Tomorrow, or simply Legends of Tomorrow, is an upcoming American television series developed by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, who also executive produce with Sarah Schechter. It is scheduled to air on The CW, and believed to debut in 2016 during the 2015-16 season. The series is a spin-off from Arrow and The Flash, and exists in the same fictional universe.

Last edited:
Soldato
What has DC done, Arrow started so strong, then they released kiddy friendly flash, Arrow went a bit rubbish in S3, then that supergirl trailer today and now this, gives me a sad

Soldato
Stuck it in spoiler just in case
ok..... they brought back black canary via assassins hot tub, so seeing as they recast her role in arrow they now put her in a white outfit lol
They could have added in peyton list (golden glider, sister of captain cold) then they'd have 1/2 the main cast from tomorrow people to go with the main cast of prison break lol.
Then to top it off they add in time travel

what could go wrong lol

I'll wait and see whether it's good or not, also seems to be more 'new earth' comics so it might be ok based on the premise but not so sure from that trailer.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Loved the trailer which is posted here:

But be aware the shows due next year, it does contain spoilers ! Pretty much the ones being discussed on both threads.

Otherwise nice premise and always loved vandal savage as a baddie, even though its another immortal being I hope they do him justice, nice to see the show will hint time travel !

Caporegime
So fake Batman teams up with fake Iron Man and a bunch of dead people brought back to life to follow fake Dr Who to fight a giant robot, and fake Iron Man becomes fake Ant Man.

It looks awful. And with the Lazarus pit being the teams communal hot tub so nobody ever dies, what exactly is the threat?

Associate
It looks awful. And with the Lazarus pit being the teams communal hot tub so nobody ever dies, what exactly is the threat?

Yes because Ollie's clearly in the league's good books and will be able to stroll in there for healing every time he or one of his mates gets an ouchie.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
lol skeeter killed it :)

But having said that I love my marvel and dc super hero fix despite the flash not ending every baddie in 1 second like he is capable off ;) These shows you gotta tune off and not to think too much about it.

Caporegime
Looks like a train wreck to me. Captain Cold and Fire gun guy are annoying as hell. Canary is ok. Crap Iron Man guy sucks. The CGI on that huge robot foot looked shonky as hell.

Soldato
Looks like a train wreck to me. Captain Cold and Fire gun guy are annoying as hell. Canary is ok. Crap Iron Man guy sucks. The CGI on that huge robot foot looked shonky as hell.
It's supposedly not due to air till next year, they may be early shots without finishing touches etc or they could really be that bad lol

Soldato
It had an air of cheese I disliked. Normally a Pilot episode has a bit more budget thrown at it, everything I saw there stank of the same cheese I can small from a low budget filler episode from Arrow/Flash where every single shot is done on a sound stage.

The only actors that can actually act are Brandon Routh and the old guy from Alias. Every time the original Black Canary was on Arrow I could barely watch, have a series with her as a core character might be enough to force me to leave it alone.

Caporegime
lol skeeter killed it :)

But having said that I love my marvel and dc super hero fix despite the flash not ending every baddie in 1 second like he is capable off ;) These shows you gotta tune off and not to think too much about it.

As people are mentioning a lot in all the superhero TV/film threads, I think DC have seen Marvels success and are trying to catch up, but are doing so by just blurting out every character they can think of at once and creating a mish mash of all sorts of badly written... stuff.

The MCU is growing and evolving and building steadily to what will be a massive crescendo at the end. The DC universe is more like an explosion in a fireworks factory. Everything's gone off at once, you don't know which way to look, and when its all over your going to sit up and wonder what the **** that was all about :p.

With the exception of Gotham. I like Gotham.

Associate
As people are mentioning a lot in all the superhero TV/film threads, I think DC have seen Marvels success and are trying to catch up, but are doing so by just blurting out every character they can think of at once and creating a mish mash of all sorts of badly written... stuff.

You know these are popular and long-running DC characters that they've spent 3 years bringing together? You've got 4 regular JLA members in there. Agents of Shield dipped into Marvel continuity and pulled out....Deathlok. Woo.

The MCU is growing and evolving and building steadily to what will be a massive crescendo at the end. The DC universe is more like an explosion in a fireworks factory. Everything's gone off at once, you don't know which way to look, and when its all over your going to sit up and wonder what the **** that was all about :p.

I genuinely admire your optimism that the MCU will end once Infinity War is done :D

Back
Top Bottom