DDR4 - 16 to 32gb

Soldato
so because you have chrome open eating up ram the minimum for games is 32gb?

Yes.

Closing apps before gaming. What is it 1999 and counterstrike 1.4? Oh I wanna game, best close everything.

The difference is £40-60. Think of what people are spending on GPUs and other bits and it's a no brainer if chome and a 10 year old game can have you redlining.

Man of Honour
Why use Chrome anyway? It's inferior in most ways (probably all ways?) - Firefox has supported Windows 11's suspend power state modes for a while now too, not sure if Chrome does the sa,me? In this state, if the browser is minimised, then the OS effectively puts it to sleep and it uses much lower resources and should have no impact on CPU or memory. Otherwise tabs that have content pages open will still be using GPU/CPU cycles, especially if GPU acceleration is being done. This can affect your gaming performance.

RAM is trivial, the more you have the more an app or game will use within reason. This is more about gaming performance, not memory use, and for that, Firefox is currently excellent.

Associate
I came to ask the same question for the same ram. You cannot get hold of the 3200mhz anymore so i was just going to stick another 16gb of 3600mhz 8 pack ram and have it run at the slower speed (though i was unsure of the different voltages)
Running a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on a MSI x570 Mag Tomahawk.

Back
Top Bottom