Dead Rising 3 - leaked on Steam DB

Soldato
OP
Happy the 21:9 is going to be supported that was my biggest worry the FPS issues will go away when Nvidia/AMD release updated drivers in a few days hopefully.

Soldato
OP
Just "2.39", no need for all the zeroes.

No VPN chances needed, no risk :p I just unlocked via VPN then took the VPN off, game continued to run fine as did everything else!
What about FOV in User.ini is it 90 what looks best to you @ 21:9?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
UK is decrypting now Capcom are being very generous 1 hour early :rolleyes: when so many people waiting to play I can see Steam going down @ 6PM thats when US decrypts apparently.

Should have been a midnight launch its been no 1 seller on Steam since Tuesday so demand is there......

Soldato
OP
Game is now unlocked but cannot play CTDs before loading fully everytime same issue many others are having :rolleyes:

QA obviously not done properly Steam forums will explode unless they fix this quick launching a new full price game & most people cannot even play it is terrible :(

Soldato
OP
Just had a 43mb patch download. Anyone know if this fixes anything?
Does not appear to just adds the 4 x DLC tabs :rolleyes: at least Capcom are getting their priorities right adding the DLC everyone gets for free instead of fixing the actual game to run & launch correctly :(

Soldato
OP
This launch is horrendous. Users on Steam forums have worked out most of us are missing 18 files which is why its not working (7740 vs 7758 files & 1.5GB extra Data no wonder it refuses to launch. If you unlocked with a VPN it seems to work as it picked the files from a Steam server with all the files on it. But for the rest of the world its missing 18 files & 1.5GB of data :eek:

What an unbelieveable sloppy mistake for Capcom/Valve to make & still not fix several hours later :mad:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613935404086094864/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613935404082850920/

Soldato
OP
Hmm explains why I have had no launch issues then, wonder if I have a missing file causing the crash on exiting the game then!
Some people have 1 file missing if they unlocked early its a bin file look on those urls I include in my last post someone lists it in there then try to get it from someone or find the server they used. I am just connected to the Steam Ireland server & revalidating the files to see if it picks the extra 1.5GB data as someone reports using the Ireland server to do this & it worked for them earlier.

Soldato
OP
I am on the solution now someone has uploaded the 1.5GB of missing data I am just grabbing it to test. I will share the links when I have tested in a moment.

A lot of us are missing Steam manifest entry 26552 :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/613935404088477854/

Solution posted here but looks like Valve/Capcom have finally noticed most people are missing 1.4GB Data switch to Ireland Steam server & validate files may fix otherwise do my solution or wait for the update to reach all servers what a shocking launch this is turning out to be ingame it looks pretty ordinary to me as well Capcom/Valve dropped the ball here bigtime on such a high profile release :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Core i7 980X@ 3.46Ghz + GTX 780 Ti is just enough for 30 FPS @ 2560x1080 with max everything but the visuals are not exactly state of the art the gfx are quite average in places.

Wow just amazed :rolleyes: this is considered nextgen console maybe but PC its last gen IMO

Soldato
OP
Been playing about an hour the gfx are pure garbage for the 33GB install :( Its a slightly prettier Dead Rising 2 but now with added for free by Capcom FPS issues on highend hardware as well as crashing on exit for everyone & 1.4GB missing data unless you used a VPN a few days ago even US players are not getting the update requred to play it still :eek:

I cannot believe how poor this game looks if this was the best XB1 launch game that system is thankfully screwed ;) they are to my eyes no more than DX9 level with some DX11 tessellation on hero character models there is nothing here on offer which I have not seen done way better on a DX9 game apart from the DX11 tessellation which you could probably bake into the bitmaps & fake almost using DX9.

For the FPS & loading times this game is a terrible port so many issues Capcom really damaged their rep here with PC gamers leaving aside the launch issues where majority cannot even play.

It uses almost 5Gb Ram ingame as well as needing a lot of VRam due to poor optimisation it looks/plays like a Dead Island clone with Dead Rising branding on it :rolleyes:

Valve/Capcom obviously do not QA their own Store servers to check all contain the same files do they :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
I get like a 2fps difference between no AA and the highest AA mode
3440x1440 you probably do not need any AA mate ;) how you finding FPS though my GTX 780 Ti is struggling to hold a 30FPS fixed experience the ingame cutscenes cause the fans to ramp up & heat the GPU up not sure why they look awful the textures are really poor/bland & lack detail :(

Nextgen price maybe but lastgen textures for the majority of the game I have seen so far even the lighting engine is poor & shadows are very buggy Capcom have a poor nextgen game engine if this is their best effort they will struggle to survive unless it gets some massive improvements :rolleyes:

If this is the new std for nextgen games a lot of companies will not survive financially no way will gamers buy this shovelware for long its barely worth half price let alone nextgen pricing :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
This game is ridiculously frustrating. Its crashing every 30 minutes or so and sometimes mid mission. I'm just glad i only paid £15 for this although frankly they don't deserve even that.

Im running I5 3570k with a 660gtx, surely that's enough to run this without crashing...
660GTX is not enough you need at least 3Gb VRam its poorly optimised uses almost 5GB System Ram yet gives poor gfx :eek: ...... GTA4 with mods on PC looks better apart from the DX11 tessellation :eek:

Soldato
OP
FXAA looks smoother in this game because it's fuzzier. Look at the difference close up flicking between the two when you enable them. If you have a 21:9 34" then both sides still show the game engine active and when you change the AA method the changes are shown immediately so if you pause the game where there are vertical walls or fences you'll see the difference.

I use TXAA-T2 or whatever the last mode is as it looks the best but makes 0fps difference. With no AA enabled there's still no fps difference but there is a visual difference.
FXAA means my GTX 780 Ti does not increase the fan RPM to annoying audible levels. With TXAA-T2 the fan goes above 60% rapidly & starts to climb even higher in cutscenes especially which is weird considering how poor the textures are!

For how poor/crude most of the gfx are I think this game has terrible optimisation its non existent how does this need almost 5GB system Ram + 3GB Vram :eek:

Back
Top Bottom