Dead Rising 3 - leaked on Steam DB

Soldato
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/04/dead-rising-3-shows-up-on-steam-database-could-come-to-pc-soon/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-05-dead-rising-3-listing-leaked-in-steam-database

Obviously coming to PC sooner or later (the Steam DB leaks nearly always turn into PC releases) hopefully in the summer if they are playtesting now. This game was the only reason to buy an Xbox 1 guess the console exclusives do not last nowadays & the lure of £££ is more important as it only sold 1.2m copies being tied to an XB1 with Kinnect :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will be a good experience on PC via Steam :D

Soldato
OP
DR1 was the reason I bought a 360 console back in Sept 2006 :eek: great game :D

I even maxxed out all the achvs 1000/1000 including the 7 day survivor legit. Took me 18 hours straight in 1 sitting as you cannot save once so the minimum time to complete is 14 hours in 1 session so I paused now & again every hour to do other stuff then returned to it.

That achv was/still is hardcore ;)

I hope DR3 has the Kinnect & Smartglass app garbage removed from it on PC I presume it will somehow but who knows MS fully funded this game on XB1 Capcom just distributed & used their own devs but MS paid for the lot so I hope MS do not tie it to some of their own hardware/software :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Love the 64 bit OS only & 6GB Ram Min hopefully it will be optimised a little to use that. The XB1 version used the MS Azure Cloud to stream the game world in I guess this will use something similar like Titanfall used the same MS Azure cloud infrastructure.

Soldato
OP
MS make me laugh :rolleyes: they are supporting this on PC as they obviously cannot break even on XB1 sales alone & MS fully funded this game Capcom just provided their own developers/IP.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
like the look of the game but aint paying 44 sheets for it lol :):):)
I will if I have to as a massive DR fan but hopefully somewhere else sells the retail version cheaper I think as its an XB1 port the RRP reflects that somehow as MS want to recoup their loses from PC gamers :rolleyes:

Steam price when its announced will be interesting as its always much higher!

Soldato
OP
console trash for £44? Whoever pays for this needs found and lynched.
Console trash is a little bit bit harsh its a complex open world zombie co-op + sp slaying experience with what are supposed to be next gen gfx :rolleyes:

I think its worth buying for around £30 Steam have it @ £35.99 pre-order price about the same as most games now they reduced it a bit price wise.

If Steam are selling for £35.99 the retail should turn up soon for around £30-32ish methinks. That £44 is a price for the digital download from the rainforest but they list it as a retail PC-DVD when it states on the cover digital download only :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Why pay so much when you can buy from NG for £13.50 :p ($22.99 +- a few pence depending on exchange rate that day)

@AWPC 'dodgy traders', why? It a perfectly legit gift, not a 'stolen', looking at you Rebellion, key.
You fail to understand some of those steam traders get keys using cough cough methods with other peoples money so once they have sold the key it does not matter to them if you lose access to your steam account does it!

Why risk it to save peanuts.

Why would someone legit sell a steam key for £15 if the pre-order RRP is £35.99!

Soldato
OP
1 week today this launches on Steam. I expect it to be quite popular as well!!

£35.99 on Steam or £27.99 retail PC-DVD which saves you a 30GB download (4 DVDs worth apparently) although Steam will allow a preload its just not confirmed when though.

All versions are equal as well because all available DLC is included regardless of where you buy & @ launch!

Soldato
OP
£27.99 UK retail version has shipped to me now should get tomorrow/thursday. Wonder if it will be 4 or 5 DVD's worth as 25Gb preload unpacks to 33GB according to Steam.

Soldato
OP
Zavvi are selling for only £24.98 right now that's the cheapest UK retail price & £11 cheaper than Steam pre-order price :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Reminds me of Max Payne 3. 4 DVDs and it took nearly an hour to install. Painful process.
25GB preload download is around 30 mins for me right now but Steam will be heavily congested on release & £11.01 more is not worth it to me I would rather install from 4x DVD's when its the same game just much cheaper!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mine just turned up 4 DVD's but cannot install until its unlocked as Steam does not allow a preload from physical media :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
FOV is handy for us 21:9 users but the launch is a mess right now lots of people having issues & QTD's in japan & via VPN unlocks :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Hardware similarities with those issues?

Please AMD, this is your shining moment, don't let me down!
According to the retail version I got yesterday neither AMD or Nvidia are sponsoring this game so its probably a wait & see on driver updates as few users are reporting good experiences on Steam forums right now!

Seems to be memory leaks as well you need 6Gb minimum System Ram but Sli is not supported at launch either so its not a great launch by Capcom they must be laughing £££ wise its been the no1 seller on Steam since Tuesday & probably will be for while as its the first megabudget PC game this autumn & zombies=£££.

Back
Top Bottom