Dead Rising 3 - leaked on Steam DB

Soldato
OP
Just noticed they have updated Flawless Widescreen to include DR3 with several options & an FOV slider (how hard could it be for Capcom to do the same :rolleyes: when modders can within 24 hours of the games launch!)

Soldato
OP
340.52 WHQL Nvidia drivers work fine for hours of gameplay the missing game files is the biggest issue to not working properly + minimum 6GB System Ram + 3 GB VRam. Even today people are still reporting missing files on Steam :rolleyes:

Capcom admitted that the retail version & other digital store steam keys were not getting all the files.

This launch is a mess I am surprised its still no 1 on Steam thats almost a week now :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice program that! :cool:

Do I need to change any specific settings in it?
Tick the boxes ;) also for Dark Souls 2 ensure you put Steam into offline mode to avoid VAC ban it warns you in the Widescreen launcher for that & COD Ghosts & or any other VAC protected games you can only play with Steam offline as they flag them as bannable due to being memory hacks to give the correct FOV + Aspect Ratio which is stupid of Valve :eek:

Soldato
OP
Anyone know how I can fix the effects happening to only 1920x1080 of my screen?
Same goes for some cut screens happening in 2560x1080 and then some 1920x1080?
Don't think you can at the moment until someone finds the mod I see this in more & more games where you can get them running @ 21:9 (if not native 21:9 support) but the shader FX only occupy the center 1920x1080 area on some screen effects.

Soldato
OP
When ingame try using a sword & watch the blood splats only fill the 16:9 aspect ratio when the screen flashes red. Its some but not all shader FX. Not sure if its possible to mod I see this in a lot of 16:9 games which can be modded for 21:9. Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 + 2 have it all the time @ 21:9.

Soldato
OP
Covers all the screen area for me sword slicing or otherwise. Would have noticed if it was splatting in only 16:9 area of the screen also :p
It happens for me with or without flawless widescreen. Try doing something which makes the entire screen flash red then you will see it!

Soldato
OP
Now I completed it I can state its a massive letdown to me worse game in the series by far :(

GTA4 with zombies, inferior gfx, & dumb gameplay design decisions. As it only sold 1.2m on XB1 I can see why MS allowed Capcom to sell on PC but its a very weak entry in the Dead Rising series I hope they do not make anymore like this the games work best in a smaller enclosed location. This is too awkward map wise & full of fetch quests which pass for modern gameplay.

RIP Dead Rising Capcom/MS managed to remove most of what made the series challenging & replace it with bland/generic/uninspiring content IMO :(

Soldato
OP
Is this worth a purchase? Never played any of the previous titles.
GTA4 ish with zombies & a slightly smaller map size. You also need a powerful PC to run above 1920x1200 with max details.

Personally having just completed it I would say its worth perhaps -50% off Steam sale no way would I pay more than £15 for it (I paid £28 for the retail version). Most of the gameplay is fetch quests & fighting endless zombie hoardes off then if you can find somewhere to avoid losing health building better weapons/vehicles etc etc

Gfx are also DX9 level really with some DX11 features thrown in but most of the textures are very low detail not sure where the 33GB HD space went its not on gfx for sure :rolleyes:

I bought all the other DR series @ full price on both PC & Xbox 360 when they first came out & liked them a lot......DR3 is the first time I felt as though the series has lost its way its more of a smaller GTA ish city simulator with zombies in & the main gameplay aim is mindless zombie slaughter until you get bored :(

Soldato
OP
The General lady box with the robotic floor arms.

I can't beat those arms in time before the flames or zombies or the arm grabs me. I know I have found the trick to hitting the arm but the flames move too fast.

Such a rage inducing boss. I want to punch whoever made that so tedious in the face.
Its glitched badly on XB1/PC as well you have to move the arms by standing in front of the iron gate its meant to hit when you hit it with 1 energy bar left it will smash the iron gate you need to enter for the next section (there are 4 in all I think the last one if the boss battle).

I had to cheat in the end with a trainer but it was still glitched & hit or miss if you could get it to line up with the metal gate you needed it to smash in order to progress to the next section.

There are a lot of XB1 gamers who were also unhappy about it as the difficulty is insane hard especially if the arm hits the zombie carriage :rolleyes: as the flames also increase rapidly :(

Soldato
OP
Hmm what trainer did you use? I want to use it on that boss only. On a good note whatever update happened on the 9th has solved the crashing on exit issue as it now exits just fine.

Woo I guess.
I know patch#1 fixed the exit crash for everyone.

You need to buy a trainer on cheathappens they encrypt the trainers though so you need to buy on your own account they only cost a few quid. They are encrypted as well to your PC so you cannot share with others they will ban your account & revoke your trainers (all recent ones use an IP check before launching)!
http://www.cheathappens.com/20389-PC-Dead_Rising_3_cheats

Soldato
OP
Never had a single ingame crash using Nvidia 340.52 WHQL drivers.

However, DLC4 has glitched into a loop for me its stuck & refuses to progress to let me open a door (known XB1 bug as well) means having to reset the game to get past it :rolleyes: think I can live without finishing the last DLC pack somehow!

Back
Top Bottom