DEAD RISING DEMO <30minutes!

Soldato
Still undecided whether to pre-order this or Saints Row alongside TDU.

I wasn't amazed by the demo, but could see the potential if there is a lot more to the main game.

R^T

R^T

Associate
Been playing this on my brothers 360, love it.

The thing that makes the game shine is the never ending amount of weapons and little interactions within the game.

Ganna go try and find the sword :D

Thanks Luke

Soldato
I really enjoyed the demo, although i think it may get a little repetitive and the attacks seem a bit limited to just button bashing, still got it preordered though.

for me they've missed out on a huge oppurtunity by not including any multiplayer, this would be absolutely classic as 4 player split screen, and i think there is plenty of scope for some interesting game modes in multiplayer.

lack of multiplayer is my only worry for its longeivity.

Soldato
Im guessing though that maybe with all the zombies etc on the screen and stuff, the performance with multiplayer just wouldnt be that smooth?

Not sure but writing the AI for zombies must be the easiest job in the world. :)

Soldato
I have to say I'm really gutted. Whilst I'm sure theres loads more to do in the full game I found myself getting distracted on the second run through of the demo.

I'm assuming that the shops in the demo are as they will be in the full game? If that is the case then maybe I was expecting too much but they seem a little lacking. First shop... cool I can change my shoes. Weapons hmmm.... oh a cash register. Second shop... lol a jewelry shop. Now weapons..... er.... ah gems *throws gems* well that sucked, oh look another cash register... etc. etc. Even the sporting shops feel like they missed the boat somewhat- golf club or bowling ball... is that it?!

Such a shame as this is the game I was looking forward to the most. I would probably still get it if it wasn't for the clock watching mission mode which to be honest doesn't sound like fun as to make sure you get there on time its going to mean milling around clock watching. Not fun.

Oh well £40 saved, and if the next TDU demo doesn't pull something out of the bag that could become £80 :(

Soldato
Pre-ordered the game as soon as i heard about it, but just played the demo now and i'm pretty dissapointed with it. Can't put my finger on what i don't like about the game, maybe that it is quite repetative, although it does look a good game, looks like i'll be cancelling my pre-order and sticking it on something else.
Shame really, i was looking forward to this a lot :*(
Atleast it means i can afford Saints Row or Gears of War

Soldato
Well I finally got round to downloading this game on XBL and have to say I have never had so much fun with a demo.

It may not be the most complicated game in the world but it is so amusing to hit a zombie or two with a golf club or a heated up frying pan. I wasn't too sure about this before playing it but on the strength of this demo I am more that happy to put a pre-order on this title.

Can't wait to see what you can do in the full game. :D

Associate
think the demos brilliant havent had so much fun with a game since timesplitters think the games gonna be excellent anyone found samurai sword its up on a canopy outside the cafe place upstairs .

Last edited:
Associate
i found the katana and the sub machine gun last nite, the sword is awesome! cutting them in hal both across and down! shame it doesn't last very long.

the SMG is ok not very powerful and eats the bullets like the clappers!

really can't wait for this game like, just can't wait to beat the zombies up and bull dog them in the floor and stuff, gonna be really good!

Associate
tell me about it. i was diapointed about how long the katana last for all of about 2 seconds then cheered myself up by dumping chick helmet things on the zombies from the toy shop. i'm looking forward to the lawn mower and chainsaw good old gory fun .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom